New Constellations

Just a quick note: Alright, so I'm finally free from writers block (yay!) so a new chapter of my other sebaciel story, Runaway, will be posted soon-ish. Plus, I will certainly try to write more one-shots because they're fun and easy to write! (Sorry that this chapter's kinda short, I just wrote it today.)

•••

The sun had set a while ago and Ciel still lay on the ground looking up at the cloudless night sky. Today was filled with too much stress, Lady Elizabeth made a surprise visit yet again, he was assigned a new task from the queen, the servants almost destroyed the Phantomhive estate and they had to prepare for a ball being held tomorrow.

The young earl let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes, taking in all the sounds around him. The wind sending a breeze through the leaves on the trees, causing them to rattle, the sound of birds communicating, and the sound of light footsteps that slowly came towards him. He peeped open and eye and looked up at his butler that stood above him. "Young master, I called you to dinner quite some time ago."

Ciel ignored him and looked up at the stars that started to show in the sky. He had never paid any attention to when Sebastian taught him about constellations or space, it was times like this where he wished he could name the images that formed in the dark sky.

"My lord, i-"

"Sebastian, lay next to me."

The butler raised an eyebrow. "My lo-"

"Just do it, Sebastian"

The butler hesitated, then slowly got down and laid on the cold ground next to his master and joined him in admiring the stars. It was silent, but peaceful for a couple of minutes, until Ciel pointed up at the sky. "What's that one again?" It was hard to tell where he was pointing considering they were a few feet apart.

"Where?"

Ciel moved closer to them so their shoulders touched and pointed up at the sky again. "Right there, the one that sorta looks like a poor drawing of a house."

His description made Sebastian chuckle. "That's Cepheus."

Ciel paused for a moment then turned to the raven haired man and snuggled his head into his right shoulder, hoping to escape from the cold September air. Somehow the demon's presence made him feel safe and warm, like something a family would provide. But Ciel wouldn't call him family, nor would he call him his butler, or a friend. To Ciel, he's something... more.

"Young master, we shou-"

"No. Just stay for a bit longer." Ciel looked up at him. He didn't just want to stay for a bit longer, he wished that this moment would last forever.

With those final words from Ciel, Sebastian put his arm around the young boy. "Always, my lord."

•••

Another quick note: Same goes with everything else I write, if you find any mistakes or grammar issues please feel free to tell me!