Bad Boy Next Door (Louis)

Love had never been an interest to me. I was too focused on college, or writing, or whatever. When I moved back home, to try and find a permanent place to live, love had moved to the back burner- if I had time, I would spend time with it.

"Kelsi, come down here and meet the new neighbors!" my mom yelled into my room. I could hear her through the music blasting through my earphones. I paused the song and dropped my phone and earphones on my bed. I stopped by the bathroom to run a brush through my honey hair.

"Kelsi!" my dad called. "Hurry up!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I mumbled. They wouldn't hear, but they were parents. They were supposed to. I pulled on some old flip-flops and ran down the stairs and out the door. My mom was next door, standing on the porch of our new neighbors' house, talking with a woman that looked about her age. My dad was sitting on our porch, looking over there distastefully.

"Dad?" I asked. "What's wrong?" He turned around and smiled, his blue eyes twinkling merrily.

"They have a son about your age, but I'm not too fond of him. He's got tattoos and looks like trouble," my dad explained. I nodded.

"Well, I'm going to go meet him," I declared. I stepped off the porch and headed over, stepping over the low hedges that divided our property. I put on my prettiest smile and waved shyly at the brown-haired boy listening to his iPod.

"Hi," he said, taking his earphones out. "I'm Louis. Who are you?" He had a thick British accent.

"I'm Kelsi. I live next door," I said. He smiled and stood up.

"Well, it's really nice to meet you," he said, hugging me tightly. Then he pulled away, his ears tipped red. "I, uh, hug people when I meet them."

I shook my head, a tiny smile on my lips. "It's okay," I said. I kind of liked the way his muscular arms wrapped around me.

"Kelsi! We have to go now," my mom snapped. I waved at Louis as my mom pulled me by the arm back to our house.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"He hugged you! I think he's trying to get some action. I don't want you to see him," my mom growled.

"He hugged me because he's a nice person! I only know his name!" I yelled. "Oh my god. I'm going upstairs." I stormed off and up the stairs. I collapsed on my bed and put in my earphones. Soon, I was asleep.

When I woke up, my phone said it was 1 in the morning. I stretched and yawned, then headed downstairs. I walked into the backyard and felt the breeze cool my face.

"Hey, you," someone called quietly. A figure was sitting on my wall. Its brown hair glittered in the moonlight.

"Louis?" I exclaimed. He fell to the soft grass, only a few feet from me.

"Yeah. I heard your mom yelling at you. She said I can't see you anymore?" Louis said.

I blushed. "Yeah, she said that. She thinks you're bad for me," I mumbled. He stepped closer to me and I could see the smile on his perfect face, making his blue eyes crinkle at the edges.

"What do you think?" he asked softly. He took my hand gently.

"I think you could be... dangerous. But you seem sweet too," I answered honestly. He looked deep into my eyes, and smirked.

"That's true. I've got a heart, but parts are black as night," he whispered. His soft, full lips pressed against mine and my eyes closed involuntarily.

"Louis, I-" I began. He laughed and ran his fingers through my hair.

"What? You can't handle me?" he teased. I leaned in again, kissing him.

"I've just never had a bad boy," I said. Louis grinned broadly and pulled me down beside him on the grass. I leaned my head on his lap and he stroked my hair.

"You look even prettier in moonlight than during the day. Your hair gleams and your eyes sparkle," he said fondly.

I looked up at him. "Wow. Thanks. So, we're... together now?" I asked.

"Well, obviously. I'm not so heartless that I would leave you as we're kissing," Louis said. I smiled and we kissed again.