Chapter 21

A/N: Next chapter!!

Thank you all so much for still reading!!

Also, question: Do you still watch Winx Club?

I kind of stopped a while back but was wondering if getting back into it would be worth while...

I mean, I love Winx Club but it's been so long since I've actually watched an episode that I don't want to break the flow I've gotten with this book...

If any of you are still watching, please tell me if you think I could start watching again...

Okay,

Here we go...

Chapter 21:

Flora flew through the doorway that led deeper into the central tower of Red Fountain where the Codex lay hidden.

Letting herself through another doorway, she slowly entered a dark staircase that led down into more darkness.

Her feet hit the ground and she took a step at a time, wondering if Helia had come all the way down here, as sounds of battle echoed from above.

A lone creeper slithered across the wall to her left, directing her to go deeper in with the gentle lilt of it's vine.

Flora tilted her head to the side letting her brown hair swish to the back.

How had Helia walked so far in in just a few minutes?

Deciding to go faster, Flora lifted off her feet and flew straight into the dark only using her sense of hearing as the earth around her gave her courage.

A strong life form stood ahead.

She could sense how he moved and the heat he radiated, heading even deeper into the tower.

Following him, Flora made as little sound as possible and she wasn't sure why.

She knew him and also knew that he was the good guy. He was one of the specialists and was a valuable team mate in Sky's band of friends. To top everything off, he seemed to be a pacifist.

So why did she feel like she shouldn't catch him doing whatever he had planned?

A little farther in and Flora landed in a dark room with absolutely no light.

Flora twisted the top part of her body from side to side trying to get her bearings but she felt nothing.

It was as though she didn't have any way to figure out where she was anymore or which path to take.

Suddenly, there was a ear splitting scream from overhead and the nature fairy froze, her heart stopping as well.

A surge of energy entered where she stood and Flora shivered.

The malice and evil in the air thickened almost choking her.

Flora could suddenly feel and hear everything happening upstairs.

Darcy's power had increased and shot up with no explanation.

At least none she could see.

Flora felt the dark witch rushing to where she stood through the dark staircase she had just taken to get where she stood.

The nature fairy looked around in panic, unsure of which direction to take to get her away from the large amount of amassed dark energy that was headed her way.

A hand clamped over her mouth as another grabbed her waist.

Flora felt herself crash into someone's chest just as a swirl of dark purple filled the previously pitch black room.

The magic in the room made Flora's legs go numb as she pressed into the person who held her.

Darcy entered the room, her arms shaking as she let out low chuckles.

Her eyes glowed a dark purple as dark magic radiated off her. Veins seemed strained and tight, showing through the arm on which Darcy wore her large, glowing bracelet.

Flora's breath came out swiftly when the man who held her to him slowly released his grip on her face.

The hand encircled her waist instead as he kept her locked against his body.

Flora squirmed a little before a long strand of dark hair fell over her shoulder and Helia's scent engulfed her sharp fairy senses.

The nature fairy's shoulders stiffened when she felt his warm breath on her neck.

"Stay," He whispered into her ear.

She softly nodded still watching as the dark witch passed by them without glancing over even for a moment.

Only a few seconds had passed when Darcy emerged into the dark room once more.

Flora held her breath as the witch walked by, a large, sinister smirk on her face, as one of her hands held onto a silver, disc-like ornament.

The nature fairy's stomach fell.

That had to be the codex.

The way the thing gleamed made sense.

It was definitely the codex.

Flora touched Helia's arm, registering shock when she noted the muscles underneath the shirt.

"That's the codex," She whispered, her voice softer than usual.

"Let it go," He said, not moving even a little.

Flora's eyes widened.

She couldn't do that.

She had to fight.

Help her friends defeat the witches and keep the codex safe.

Helia was a pacifist and didn't like violence. He wouldn't know.

Even as thoughts of his calm, peaceful persona swirled around in her mind, she couldn't shake away a growing fear in her chest.

The aura that surrounded him now was a fading sensation of the battle field.

How could someone who seemed so carefree and nice give off the sense of violence and slaughter?

Helia slowly released her, placing her in front of him.

Flora turned to look at the long haired man.

He slid a certain object deeper into the pocket of his poet shirt.

The brown haired beauty couldn't help but stare at his shirt before glancing back at Helia.

The man gave her the silent, charming smile he always gave her before pointing to the ceiling.

"We should go upstairs, Flora."

Flora blinked before nodding.

As he moved to the door and she followed, the nature fairy tried in vain to hide the blush that was slowly tainting her cheeks.

A/N: Next chapter in a couple of hours...

Yes, you're welcome!! XD

I love you guys so much!

Thank you for taking time to read and giving my book a chance!!

XD XD 

Thanks!!

Ciao!!