1. Road Trip Rules

There are few feelings that quite compare to driving down the highway, blasting out great music with your best friends.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what that's like as my friends listen to crap music and my sister's boyfriend drives like a lunatic.

"I never wanna hear you say, I want it that way!" Vincent, Silver and Peyton sang at the top of their lungs whilst Elijah and I tried to mentally block them out.

"That's it! I've had enough!" I exclaimed, ripping the AUX cable from Silver's phone. "It is classic road trip songs from here on out and that's that!" I plugged my own phone in and began perusing the play list.

"Eli! Tell him!" Payton whined from the back seat.

"What do you want me to do baby?" His eyes flickered to look at her in the mirror.

"It's your car!" She exclaimed.

"Unfortunately for you, I completely agree with Sebastian," he winked at her before turning up the volume obnoxiously loud, just the way it was supposed to be on a road trip. We couldn't even hear them complaining over the music. It was bliss.

It wasn't that long before Vincent could be heard asking '"Are we there yet?"

"If you ask one more time I will not hesitate to pull over and make you walk the rest of the way. I swear I'm serious eyebrows," Eli threatened him with the nickname Erika had invented.

A few minutes later, Peyton piped up. "Are we there yet?" She asked.

I saw him roll his eyes, but he would never threaten my sister the same way he threatened Vince. A. because he loved her too much and B. because I'd string him up from the nearest telephone pole.

"Five minutes," he relieved us at last.

"Thank god! I think my bladder is going to explode!" Silver sighed with relief, sharing far too much information with us. "Apparently Riley, Kai and Blake had to pull over five times," she rolled her eyes.

Yet somehow, they still managed to beat us to the beach house we had rented. As we pulled into the drive we saw the boys wrestling in the gravel, typical.

"How did you beat us?" Eli asked as he stepped out of the car.

"Uh, I didn't drive like a granny?!" Riley stuck his tongue out at Eli, which was a huge mistake. Presumably he realised this as within seconds he began running away, avoiding Elijah tackling him.

"Bash, I really can't believe you let them drive down unsupervised," Peyton tutted at me, putting her hands on her hips and sporting her mom glare.

"There was no way I was going to risk my life in the car with those dweebs," I rolled my eyes before I began pulling bags out of the car.

"Guys! We have to go to the beach! Its insane!" Riley and Eli turned, Riley was of course soaking wet. "The water is so warm, although, it doesn't taste great," he rolled his tongue, trying to get rid of the flavour.

I often wondered how Peyton and I could possibly be related to him, and Kai and Blake for that matter. Clearly, we had gotten the brain cells in the family.

"Let's just unload the bags and decide rooms first, shall we?" I spoke up, always the voice of maturity in the group, despite being joint youngest.

"Fine dad!" Blake rolled his eyes. Always so dramatic.

There were five rooms, which meant that some people were going to have to share. Peyton and Elijah had already offered, much to my discomfort, and as the newest couple, Silver and Riley had offered. That meant there was a race for me, Vincent, Kai and Blake to get the single rooms.