Then

The three suns were shining as we proceeded slowly. "So that woman is some sort of royalty?" I asked and looked at Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

"You can put it that way too," he nodded and turned to his apprentice with a whispered question I didn't care about.

Obi-Wan seemed like he didn't like the weather at all and I doubted he was in the mood for talking. I understood perfectly. It was hot, we were in the middle of a desert, and we were all wearing dark cloaks. I was also a little suspicious about not renting speeders which would make us way faster which I of course told my master.

He simply said: "Well Sherilynn, how could we rent speeders, if there weren't any in the village?"

It wasn't true. I've seen a sign about rental speeders above one of the stands and I was about to say something about it when we reached the edge of a deep canyon.

Obi-Wan looked down it and I did the same. I took a deep breath so I wouldn't look away, since heights were my weakness since forever. It seemed I would never get over it in my lifetime.

"Our sources say they're down there," master Qui-Gon said.

"So, how are we getting down there?"

"Trust the Force, my padawan," master Sommer said.

Then, before I could respond, I heard a sound of a lightsaber activating. We all turned around to see my Master, Nes-Yo Sommer, pointing his weapon at us. I automatically grabbed my lightsaber as did the other two.

"Master, what are you doing?" I asked, confused as to why he would even need a lightsaber in middle of nowhere with no enemy attacking.

And then, without saying a word, he attacked me, and I was not all that good at swords fighting yet. I practiced, of course, but thinking I could win a lightsaber duel against my Jedi Master, would be the most foolish thing in the entire galaxy. I did something I was better at - a quick force jump over his head to avoid falling down the canyon, hoping that he would stop the attack. Instead he just turned around and attacked me again.

I was glad that Master Jinn stopped one of Master Sommer's attacks. "Run," he said, looking at me and Obi-Wan before concentrating on the duel.

He didn't need to say it twice. We both started running, but Obi-Wan was older than me and soon raced me over.

"Wait for me!" I called after him, realizing that I was getting tired and that my feet weren't exactly made for racing away from being impaled by deadly weapons. I wasn't the best runner in the galaxy - I was short and thin, and at that specific moment, also dehydrated.

Obi-Wan turned around and patiently waited until I reached him.

We could still hear the sounds of lightsabers clashing against each other from where we stopped. I could also see two small figures fighting in the distance and I wished I could stay where I was standing and wait for it to be over, but I remembered we had a cousin of a cousin of the father of the queen of the planet to save. The queen had power over this planet hundreds of years ago but now she was, like the rest of the royal family, just a public figure. They were still respected but they had way less power than a senator.

"How will we do that anyway?" he asked, as I reminded him what we were supposed to do in first place.

"I have no idea," I shrugged and went through my short hair with my fingers. They stopped where my apprentice braid started, and I tugged on it lightly.

"Neither have I."

"So what will we do?" I asked. He was older; he should know what to do.

"Sherlynn," he said, looking at me, "Do you really have no idea what your Master's plan was?"