Chapter 3 (Revised)

I woke up the next morning, stiff and still tired with weak sunlight shining through the crack in m curtains. Alice, my large fluffy male tuxedo cat yawned and stretched beside me. It was about 7 am, mom had already gone to work, and the boys and I had school in an hour and 45 minutes. I got ready for school, pulling on a pair of jeans and a plain blue tank top, and a pair of flat bottom sneakers. I unbraided my hair then pulled the long wavy strands into high ponytail. My favorite black sweatshirt with a buck's silhouette on the front went on after I brushed my teeth and applied a bit of mascara to my long eyelashes. I headed to the barn after making sure my brothers were getting up to feed.

Shadow greeted me when I walked in, the chickens and turkeys clucking in another stall. I fed shadow, then the chickens who scrambled to the food after I threw the scratch. I picked up a few eggs that had been laying on the ground and continued back to the house, stopping to look around the yard. Remembering the animal in the bushes last night, I went to see the prints. Crouching down next to the Bush, I examined the tracks. They were large, and almost looked like Hudson's paw prints, but these were even larger. It had to be the wolf from yesterday.

I went back inside, and made breakfast for my brothers and I, eggs, bacon and hash browns. Usually we would just eat cereal or toast, but since it's our first day at a new school, I thought why not? The boys came down a few moments after breakfast was done, ready for school in jeans, sneakers, T-shirts and hats, a SnapBack for Chris and a fedora for Noah. They ate slowly, nervousness and tiredness showing in their eyes. After we were done, the dishes were in the sink, Chris had his sweatshirt and Noah had his leather jacket(they have their own styles) we headed out The door to the 1996 chevy blazer in the driveway and headed to our first day of school.

--------------------------------

This is a weird version of "homeschool". It's a small school, with two quads side by side, each containing about nine classrooms and a boys and girls bathroom. A separate building housed the teachers break room, main office, nurse, a small kitchen, some office cubicles and a library and another was a multipurpose room. Already having gotten our books and paperwork from the book checkout a few days earlier, we just needed to go to class, which, according to our our schedules, we only had a few hours every day. Well, I did, the boys had full days half the time. Long story short, I only needed to be at school for tests, otherwise I didn't need to be at school at all. But I went anyway.

The boys split off to go to the other quad, and I continued to my class, that had students waiting outside for the class begin. There was a group of the "cool kids ", obvious from their designer clothing and expensive coffees, a group of girls and guys who had their arms around each other hugging and kissing. There was a normal group, normal meaning not jocks, bitches and assholes. There was another group of guys talking about video games, and one guy off to the side. He caught my eye, and I don't know why. He had dark brown almost black hair long enough to cover his eyes, and dark baggy clothing. I stopped outside the groups and listened to some of the conversations they were having, trying to decide would be more like me. The cool group didn't spare me a glance, the other group of girls looked like they wanted to talk to me but were shy, and the other group of boys looks at me and began whispering; it didn't bother me one bit.

The guys with the girls began laughing and shoveling each other , until one broke away and sidled up to the lone guy.

"Hey, punk. So what you doing standing here by yourself, hm? Hey, I'm talking to you!" The guy, tall, bulky, long blonde hair and brown eyes, reached a hand up, and I saw the one guy, who was frozen in place before, flinched. He pushed him, and he stumbled to the ground. Everyone in the asshole's group laughed, everyone else looking on wanting to help but didn't know how. So what did I do? Yup, I stepped in.