Chapter 1

I stood in the middle of a stadium. Crowds were cheering and holding up banners displaying my name. "Hazelle! Hazelle! Hazelle!" they chanted. They had no faces.

An announcer's voice came from above me, "Good job Hazelle! You are now a 3rd percentile player, ranked 3nd on your first day." A fanfare played in the background. I soaked in the glory and the praise of the people sitting in the stands for the record that would be put on my personal stats.

I directed my eyes to my hand and decided to go back home. The scene faded out and was replaced by my room. I sat on my bed and looked in the mirror paneling all the walls. I examined the image of me staring back. Hazel eyes, tan skin, and short cropped black hair with a streak of white on the side.

I scrutinized it noting that this image would be posted on the leaderboards for everyone to see in under 10 minutes. The image in the mirror changed quickly as I thought of a new style for my new ranking. As I styled, my inbox was practically spammed with congrats from my friends and even my old teacher Mr. Dupe pinged me, even though he was just a generated person. As I looked at my messages, long, red curls were appearing on my head, done up to the side in an elaborate hairstyle. My eyes faded from hazel to green, and gold face makeup, to make me look fierce curled around my eyes. Perfect.

An alert grew out of the side of my vision and the hourly leaderboards filled my vision. Good, just in time.

"First percentile." a female's voice said, then proceeded to rattle off a list of names of more experienced and older gamers who were higher up than most people. Then she did the 2nd percentile. It seemed like forever, and I was waiting on the edge of my seat for her announcement hardly breathing even though I knew what was coming. "And now in the 3rd percentile, number one is Sophie Hamilton, second is Ben Johnson," live feeds of the players reactions appeared in the corner, I took a deep breath and straightened out my face, "and... last but not least is Hazelle Lewis." My image appeared. I looked even better than what my mirror had displayed. My red hair hung down in slight curls all the way to my waist, my gaming outfit fit me amazingly and made me look professional and chic. I stared at the live feed myself just to see it stare back at me. Then, my moment, or so it appeared on the surface, of fame was over.

"Thank you for watching, and tune in next week for the new player updates, percentile ratings, and new games. Goodbye!" the screen faded to black then shrunk out of my vision.

I plopped down at my desk and rewatched the footage of the ranking announcements, archiving it for my feed. Then I posted it on my stats with a big title that read, "OMG. First time in the percentiles!" I was so excited and pumped that I even added a picture of me making a face, no one ever did that unless it was really special.

I finally checked my ever growing pings and then leaped up and danced around my room, so many friend requests in one hour? This is definitely my new PR. Another ping appeared in my vision, an invitation to a party at a first percentile ranked person's house named Anika Likens. According to her stats she was ranked 4th in the 1st percentile just low enough to not be recognized by the official stat announcements. Twenty other players had replied to say they were going. I quickly replied yes and sent her a ping thanking her for the generous invite.

Now that I was going to a party I needed to look different. I had to look worthy of being as high ranking as I was. And even worse, for all I knew they were just testing me, they could vote me down if I even screwed up once. I had to decide whether I wanted to look pretty or intimidating. After considering, and looking at the most recent fashion feeds, I decided to go for a more "young and fresh" look. After all, I was only 15 years old, a prodigy to many. I kept my hairstyle the same from the rankings to diffuse any confusion since I was basically unknown, but my eyes quickly changed into a deep blue color. My hair faded to a light blond, nearly white. My skin tone turned approximately 1.5 shades lighter. Next, my mirror evaluated my new features, set my body type to compliment it and put a dress on me. The dress was light, sky blue with white pearled lace trimming and fell to my knees. There was a thin, white, woven belt to accompany the outfit. My shoes were white lace-covered flats. Pearls clung to my blond curls and congregated on my updo. I looked at my picture and then as a finishing touch changed my once gold face paint to silver with silvery eyelashes and eyeshadow, since it was a party. Throughout the whole process my face stayed the same. It always did.

I glanced down at my palm, it was still only 13:22. What was I going to do waiting for 2 hours? I decided to check my objectives, get 1,000 friends. Well that was done because of my newfound status, I submitted it. The next one popped up, complete one hour of mannequin invader without dying. I shuddered at the thought of Mannequin Invader, a horror game that only the craziest of gamers play. But I was out of bypasses for the week so I decided to try it, just once. I had enough time to complete it at any rate.

A/N: Again the same. 5 views and ill update. plz keep reading it gets better i promise. :)