Chapter 2

I ran down the aisle of a 21st century movie theatre, complete with cup holders on the seats. Hearing a clanking noise I clamored up to the top and crouched down, out of sight. I hoped with all my might that this mannequin wasn't infared, those were the worst. Thankfully, it left after clanking its rusty joints a bit more while dumbly looking at the screen.

I paused the game and checked the time, 55 minutes completed, 5 minutes to go. This was the longest I had ever gone without being killed in Mannequin Invader. But for the sake of sanity I suppressed my hopes of finally beating it and stayed focused, unpausing the game.

My breath caught in my throat as I turned around and saw a dark figure standing over me holding an axe. The light from the projector caught his face as he shifted slightly. When I saw his face, I knew he wasn't one of the mannequins but a player like me. It was dirty and his hair was terrible, but he was obviously flesh and bones. The strange boy slowly crouched down and I was suddenly worried about lying on the ground with a dress on. I quickly sat up and opened my mouth to ask him what the heck he was doing here but he put a finger to his lips and pushed me down. I finally saw what he was seeing, an almost translucent figure was standing right in front of the projector screen, only betrayed by two dark slits that were eyes. How could I have been so stupid the clanker mannequin had seen him and left because he was sure the translucent guy would take me down. This is probably what would've happened if axe dude over here hadn't mysteriously shown up.

Staying in a crouch the brown haired boy crept down the stairs to where the mannequin was standing, it's back to him. Suddenly he lunged forward, slashing the rusty axe through the hideous creature. It screamed and dark blood spurted out of it's torso where it had been cut. Strangely, I wasn't even horrified, all I could think about was the strange boy in my game, and the state of his clothing... what was he wearing anyway?

AN: no-one is reading this so I'm just updating anyway so i feel better bout myself