Chapter One

Chapter One:

Two Years Later:

"Ali, wake up. Honey, wake up." I whispered, slightly shaking my sister. Her Firey, red hair was tangled and knotted. He pale skin, shone brightly because of the sun. Since her eyes were closed you couldn't see, but her eyes were a deep blue color.

Ali awoke and blinked a couple of times.

"Good, breakfast will be ready soon." I said, walking out of her room.

"Kay, I'll be ready in 15 minutes." Ali's perky twelve year old voice said.

I walked downstairs and Danny was watching television.

"Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes!" I shouted to Danny, as I walked to the kitchen.

I poured some pancake mix, and milk into a bowl. And then added two eggs. In lighten fast speed I stirred the mix, and poured it into the frying pan.

"Amber." Danny said, his voice low and dark. He was standing inches from me, and I started to panic.

"Wha-Yes." I said, not sure of it he was mad or-

I shuddered just thinking about it.

"Where were you last night!" Danny shouted, and I flinched. I could heard the shower running upstairs, and I knew that Ali wouldn't be able to hear any of this.

"I'm-I'm sorry." I stuttered, grinding my teeth.

"Rehearsals ran late, and I missed the bus." I stated quietly, trying to stop myself from saying anything else.

I knew that when Danny was mad, everything I did, just made it worst.

Danny's eyes, started to turn red, he ran his hand through his dirty blonde hair.

He stepped closer to me, and I didn't move. I needed to get this over with.

He slapped me across the face, hard. My face began to stink. My blood was boiling. How dare he, I thought. But I didn't do anything to stop him.

"Don't" He said, punching me in the stomach. "Ever" he kicked me to the ground. "Do" he pulled out a knife. "That"

"Again." He said, as he pushed the knife into my rib cage. I held back tears, I could feel my blood starting to pour out.

The cut was a few inches deep, and I think he may have hit a rib. It hurt so bad. It felt like my whole body was on fire. Like I had the sun inside my body. To hot to handle, burning from the inside out.

Danny stepped away from me, and began to clean the knife. As if nothing just happened. That stupid, arrogant, dumb donkey butt!! He-

"Amber! I'm ready for school!" Ali shouted walking now the steps.

"Okay! I'll be ready in a few minutes!" I said, trying to match her cheery voice, even though I felt like dying.

I tried to stand up, but my side hurt so bad. I weakly got to my feet, and used the counter table for support.

My vision, began to blur, and tears started to show. I closed my eyes, and made my body go numb. I could barely feel the pain anymore, everything inside me just went limp, pretending there was no pain.

I slowly limbed upstairs to me and Danny's room. I walked into the bathroom and sat down on the toilet see.

In, out, in, out, I thought trying to get my breathing even,  as I pulled the knife out. I bit on my lip to compress a scream and I could feel blood dripping down my chest.