Chapter 3

I walk out into my car, biting my inner lip. I don't know why I said yes to this. Is Andy there? Is he gone? Why in the hell would he want me to come over if he knows what me and his best friend went through? 

I'm not going to lie, I'm scared.

Inserting the key into the ignition and pulling out of the driveway with caution, I feel my stomach turn. It feels like my organs are just flopping over. It doesn't feel like my heart is dropping into a bottomless pit, this is different.

David wants me to come over. And he hasn't talked to me for almost two years, so why now?

Everything that's happening is just getting my anxiety nothing but higher than ever. 

"Jesus fucking christ I never would have thought this would ever be happening." I mutter to myself. 

I literally look like a zombie, so if Andrew were to be there, he would clearly look at me and see that I am a mess without him, and I already know that he will laugh under his breath right when I walk in. 

When we were in a relationship, my depression was easy to handle. Moods every now and again throughout the day, easy to handle because I had coping skills. But that last fight, the last fight we ever got into, my depression worsened. I was locked up in a unit, trying to get myself together with medication that did nothing but help my anxiety but not my depression. In fact, it left me sinking deeper and deeper into the illness. 

I was locked up for a month and a half. The maximum they could let anyone stay in there. I never talked to anyone in there, and that was my mistake. My room was the only one that was being recorded. The nurses didn't know what I was capable of because I never told them anything but how much worse the hospital is making me. Being isolated in a small unit, never getting any fresh air outside.

Minutes later I arrive at the home I remember a little too vividly. The white door with 3 square windows in the middle, the 3 windows on the top floor and the 2 windows on the first floor. 

I turn the key in the ignition off and pull it out of the slot. Everything in the car is quiet. No air conditioning, no motors. Silence.

A stressful sigh escapes my lips. I pull the lever attached to the car door and open it. I close the door and hear it slam, making me flinch. I turn to the direction I will be walking to, to get to the door. 

At this point it feels like everything is in slow motion. Every step I take my heart beats faster. By the time I get to the door, my heart is beating out of my chest repeatedly. It almost hurts. 

I look to the door bell and bite my lip nervously. Should I knock? Or should I ring? Maybe I should text him saying i'm hear? But maybe that would be  weird. Even though it would be a lot weirder if everyone else was home and they would hear a knock or ring, then they would see me. Texting it i-

I look up to hear the door knob unlock and jiggle open. The door opens and the first person I see makes my heart skip a beat and drop. 

It's Andy. 

Fuck.

"Andy! I got i-" I hear a panicked voice before seeing Dave in the living room, frozen.

Me and Andy stare at each other for a moment.

I drop my head down and look down at my shoes, feeling tears prick at my eyes.

"I-i'm .. I'm just going to.. um.. Go.." I stutter. I almost feel like Brandon.

I feel his eyes on me. It's intimidating. He's just standing there.

"Elena.." Andy says my name softly and that's when I turn around and book it towards my car. 

Andrew's Point Of View

My heart drops. lower than ever, actually.

Why does this have to happen? Dave knows that I miss her and that I won't get her back, so why did he have to make things worse? 

I run after her. Not again.

I can't lose her now. I have to explain myself. 

Breathing heavily after I hear the car door shut and see her fumbling with her car keys. Right before she inserts the keys into the ignition I open the car door on the opposite side of the car, getting in quickly and look up to see her face frozen and with no sign of expression. I only see tears fall from her eyes, her face blotchy.