How To Be a Superhero Preview and CopyRight

I am darkness. I thought dramatically as I ran towards a fence, preparing myself to hurdle my body over the wire.

I am the night. I reached my hands out in front of myself, ready to grab the fence and climb up.

I am- I never got to finish that thought as I had ran into the fence. I was dazed, not quite sure how to deal with the humiliation. I stepped back from the tall nine foot fence, placing my hand on my mask covered head. I didn't expect the metal fence to be so hard.

"Having fun?" A voice asked from the darkness of the ally.

I looked around the abandoned ally, waiting for the spy to show their face. There was nothing here but an old dumpster and litter laying around the street.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice coming out weaker than I wanted. I cleared my throat and lowers my voice to that on Christian Bale's Batman voice, "You cannot hide from justice."

Just as the words left my mouth a girl with long blonde hair appeared out of no where in front of me, looking at me curiously, "I know you're trying to sound intimidating, and maybe that would have worked if you weren't wearing your suit inside out."

•••

How To Be a Superhero - Work In Progress

Dedicated to Dallan, my very own superhero who gets up every morning and puts on a cape as well as a smile on my face.

Copyright © 2016 by Kierstyn (IHeardMyName) All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.