Chapter 9: Daniel

Daniel's POV

I rubbed my hands on my face and took a deep breath.

"You guys owe me." I told them. Dimitri laughed and let out a gasp.

"God" he breathed. "What's a guy gotta do to get some pain killers around here?" He leaned back and closed his eyes. I did the same in my chair before letting myself drift.

"What's he doing?" Asked Ryan.

"He's focusing." I said bluntly. "So shut up." I stated. I focused again. This time on Rose. If I couldn't find her, no one could. I heard a high pitched tone coming from the void surrounding me and i braced myself. A minute pasted.. maybe two.

"Maybe not." I thought aloud. Then BAM! Pain slammed into my skull and I groaned through my gritted teeth.

"What the hell?" Ryan asked.

"Just give him a minute." Zack broke in. Suddenly a light formed. I heard a voice. Trying to clear my head of the pain, I focused on more until I could recognize the voice.

"Rose." I gasped.

"You found her?" Dimitri's voice was barely audible as I focused.

"Where are we?" Rose asked.

"Metrain, like I said earlier."

I recognized the voice instantly.

"Rowan." I growled.

"What?" Dimitri asked.

"Rowan has Rose. They're in Metrain." I opened my eyes to leave the vision but the scene stayed put.

"Woah." Ryan breathed. "The hells wrong with him?"

"His eyes turn black sometimes." Zack explained. I brushed off the conversation around me and focused harder.

Rowan grabbed Rose's arm and I tensed. He pulled her though the garden and to the palace gates.

"Please. For your sake. Don't piss her off." He begged. His eyes were heavy. Like he was exhausted. He adjusted his posture and his grip on he wrist, then pulled her into the palace.

"They're in the palace." I said to Zack.

"I knew it." Ryan sighed. Someone dropped something as Rose said something to Rowan and a loud clang filled the room, bringing me back into reality.

"I almost heard information. It could've been vital to the situation. You can't be quiet for more than five minutes, can you?" I shot, clearing my eyes. Celeste looked at me as she cleaned up the mess she'd made.

"I apologize, highness." She said quietly.

"Right." I breathed, rolling my eyes.

"Hey." Dimitri broke in. "It was an accident. Get over it. We know where Rose is. Why do you have to get mad at her? She's only doing her job."

"He has a point." Zack agreed. Celeste looked at Dimitri with grateful eyes