Go On in Peace, Mr. Rickman

I have so much to express and so little ways to express it.

Those of you who've read my story 'The Prince's Heir' know what the character of Severus Snape means to me, the way I've connected to him and the role he's played in my life. And there can be no doubt that Alan Rickman was a huge part of my Severus Snape.

Alan Rickman was a huge part of my childhood. And I know many people tend to say that when someone whose name sounds familiar passes away, but for me, for many, for him, it's the truth. Alan Rickman is my Severus Snape. I don't see anyone else when I think of that amazing character. Alan Rickman gave me the greatest, most inspiring character I've ever loved. I grew up with Alan Rickman as my Severus Snape. And many other roles besides, both dark and light.

His iconic deep voice - so much nose and throat - and his flawless acting inspired me so much in so many parts of my life. His acting pushed me in my own acting career, encouraged me to seek depth in the characters I played and pull out the emotions of the audience in relation to my character. His voice was the sound I heard for many characters in the stories I write. His love of stories and storytellers encouraged me to keep creating, keep telling stories people might love.

Alan Rickman. I never thought I would have to say goodbye to you. It never crossed my mind that there would come a day when the world would wake up without you in it. You were an Untouchable in my book, the character - the person - no author could kill (whether for fear of the fans or the story). 

And if I ever had to think about saying goodbye to you, I certainly never thought it would be this soon. 

I'm not alone. There is a world of souls in mourning today, all for you, sir. We've raised our wands for Richard Griffiths, and now we raise them for you - a man who touched all of our lives, an entire generation and beyond. Part of me believes the magic you were a part of is so strong, that if we raise our wands just a little higher, it might bring you back.

But I know that your time with us is at an end. And now you're where the trials of this earth - the struggles, the pain, the grief - cannot reach you. You've earned this peace, and we want you to know that our loves goes with you. Always. 

Thank you, Mr. Rickman, for all you've given us.

Go on in peace.