Chapter Three :: Fun, Fun

✝Reagan Dellamor✝

"Oh my gosh, Lil! I'm so glad you came!" Amie shrieked, throwing herself off the front porch and tackling the baffled looking girl. I stiffled a laugh as they tumbled to the ground, Lilith making muffled sounds of complaint. Poor girl; Aim'z was just to energetic.

"Uhh.. It's my pleasure," the small girl choked out, her whole body wiggling as she tried to escape Amie's clutches. Dakota appeared on the front porch step, Blaire trailing out of the house behind her. I flashed them a grin before turning my attention to the house in front of us.

The place was huge, to say the least. It was an old fashioned Victorian home with a wide wrap around porch. Bold blue, pink, and a teal color make up the coloring of the home, while the porch and shutters are white. It was a bit too bright for my taste, but it definitely screamed "Amie". Acres of grass and trees surrounded us on all sides, and in the distances you could very faintly see the outline of another house miles away.

"What do you mean maybe?! You have to stay!" Amie whined suddenly, snapping my attentino back to the others. Dakota was leaning against the porch railing with Blaire sitting at her feet, while Aim'z was busy tugging on Lilith's arm. Lil looked rather disgruntled, and I momentarily felt bad for dragging her here with me.

"Oh... Well, like I said, I can ask," she mumbled in response, turning her pleading gaze to me. I just shrugged and smiled; I didn't even know these girls really, but I already felt more comfortable around them than Lil did. Odd.

"Amie, let the poor girl go," Dakota said suddenly, making us all turn to see her and Blaire heading back inside. The blonde girl glanced over her shoulder, adding, "Your mom said its dinner time, anyways."

"Oh, goodie!" Amie squealed and ran inside, abandoning me and Lilith on the front porch. I shot her a sheepish smile and shrugged. Something told me we were in for an interesting dinner, and of course I was right.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Mom, Haiden kicked me!" little nine-year-old James Davison whined, glaring daggers across the table at Trevor's younger brother. Turns out the Holiday's were great friends with Blaire's family, and Haiden was practically attached to James by the hip.

"I didn't see it, so it didn't happen," their father, Thomas, said in an off hand way as he watched the two boy's in amusement. His wife, Jane, just nodded her head in agreement as she continued eating. James looked outraged while Haiden roared with laughter.

I chuckled as I watched this all unfold, shooting a side long glance at Lilith, who was sitting quietly beside me. She'd been silent for nearly the entire time, except for the occasional answer to a question or polite response to Blaire's parents. Poor girl; this was quite an unusual dinner, and she was probably far out of her comfort zone.

"So, Lilith, do you have any siblings?" Jane asked curiously, sending Dakota a warning glare as the girl tried to flick something at Amie. Then she directed her attention Lil, her eyes wide as she waited keenly for an answer.

"Oh! Yes, um, there's my older brother, Leo," Lilith mumbled, picking at the too-long sleeve of her large jacket. As I studied it more closely, I realized that it must be from Leo. Huh. I wondered why she would ever want to wear some stinky boy's clothes instead of her own.

Thomas was opening his mouth to ask something, when a loud ringing noise interrupted him. Many dings and dongs followed after, reminded me vague of a clock. I shot a curious glance at Blaire, but she was staring curiously towards the hall leading to the front door.

"Hey, it's just me!" a voice called, followed by the soft thud of the door closing. The voice was irritatingly familiar, and I racked my brain trying to remember where it was from. Luckily I didn't have to think for long, because it's source came down the hall merrily, his socks making muffled pat, pat sounds.