The Truth

I think this chapter may be a little long and I'm sorry I took so long to update! I had major writer's block! I'm happy to say that I have finally completed this chapter and I can't wait for you all to read it! Enjoy!______________________________________________________________________

The young woman by the name of Florence kept pacing and mumbling to herself. I was starting to get irritated. I mean, she was the one who seemed to be stalking me, yet she didn’t even know where to begin. Maybe she didn’t think she would get this far? Maybe she didn’t think I would talk to her so that could be why she had to think about what she wanted to say.

“Well?” I asked in an agitated tone.

“Hmmm? Oh yes! Sorry! I was just thinking about how I wanted to tell you this. It’s hard to explain.”

“So, did you not really think you would get to talk to me, therefore you didn’t figure out how you wanted to tell me whatever it is?”

“Oh heavens no! It’s just I’m not sure how to approach you about this situation. I don’t need you freaking out on me. I hate when girls get over dramatic.”

“Well, why don’t you just get it over with and be completely blunt with me? If you can’t figure out how you want to say whatever it is, it’s best to be as blunt as possible.”

“Are you sure? You may not believe me or take me seriously.”

“Try me.” I was getting all done with her avoiding whatever it is.

“Okay, but you have to promise to not go psycho on me. Not that you could really do anything with that ankle of yours.” She smirked at me. I was really about to lose my cool, but I just wanted her to tell me what was going on so I could hopefully get rid of her.

“Fine. Tell me now otherwise I will break that promise.” I said with authority.

“Suit yourself! So, basically, I need your help.”

“That’s it? That’s what you’ve bothered me so much for? To tell me you need my help? I was expecting something a little, well, more than that.”

“Oh I’m not finished. There is a little more….” Florence said trailing off.

“Like what?”

“For one, you are kind of already helping me.”

“What? What is that supposed to mean?”

“Well, for the time being, you are hiding me here.”

“Excuse me?” My anger was really starting to boil.

“You heard me. If you don’t let me, I’ll kill your roommate.”

I knew my mouth was hanging wide open. She couldn’t possibly be serious could she? I mean, I guess everyone is capable of killing another human being, but she couldn’t be serious. She had to be bluffing. There was just no way she would kill an innocent person. Then again, she did break into my house.

“What, you don’t believe me? I swear on my mother’s grave I will. You better help me otherwise I might be the one to go psycho.”

“You have problems.”

“Everyone has ‘problems.’ Everyone is crazy in their own way.”

“What’s your deal? Why do you need me to hide you here anyways?”

“That’s for me to know and you to find out. I realize now that even if I told you the whole story, you wouldn’t believe me. So, when the time comes, you will know exactly why you need to hide me here.”