Chapter Twenty-Five: What Does It Take to Win Your Heart?

I sighed as I watched the new cover Anthony posted.

It was the same song he had sent me.

Ahh. Why am I feeling like this? Eric’s perfect. I should be way over Anthony by now.

He’s cocky, he’s impulsive, he’s bad tempered. Yet, he’s the one guy that makes me have butterflies no matter what happens. It’s already proved true.

Ugh. I have no idea what to do anymore.

“I’ll Be Waiting For You” is on repeat, and my thoughts are going crazy.

Flowers. How were flowers the one thing that made every little thing so confusing? They’re one little insignificant thing.

But what I was telling myself wasn’t true. They weren’t insignificant. They may have been a small gesture. But it wasn’t insignificant at all. It made me realize that no matter how much I try to push Anthony into the back of my head or just out my thoughts in general, he still holds a special place in my heart.

I was so confused. I loved them both. It’s their own special ways that make them hold a piece of my heart. But then I remembered Alex’s words.

You’re still young, you got your whole life ahead of you. 

I am young aren’t I? I’m 15 for godsake!

It would seem so unfair to just break-up with Eric. But yet the unfairness level will stay the same if I keep dating him while I’m confused about my feelings. He doesn’t deserve that.

He deserves a girl that knows that she’s in love with him. And unfortunately, I’m not that girl right now. As much as I wish I was, I’m not.

“Alex?” I said knocking on his bedroom door. 

“Laur? Is that you?” I heard from the other side.

I walked in to see Alex on his laptop, playing MCSG.

“Do you mind if we talk?” I asked him nervously. “Yeah, of course.” He said before closing his laptop. He tapped the side of his bed, motioning me to come sit.

“So, what’s up?” He asked me. I bet he could tell there was something wrong.

“What do I do?” were the first things that rushed out of my mouth.

“What do you mean Laur? What happened? Did Eric break up with you?” Alex said, getting a little mad.

“No, no, no. Slow down Alex.” I told him; trying to calm him down.

“What do you do when you’re torn?” I asked.

“Torn about what?” He asked me back.

Before I started to talk, Lisa knocked. “Alex! Mom needs you later!” She said opening up the door. “Oh, I’m sorry. Was I interrupting something?” She asked. 

“Oh, no. It’s fine.” I told her. “Care to join us?” Alex asked. 

“Sure.” She shrugged.

I was a bit upset at first but Lisa is just as understanding as Alex. I can tell her everything and anything. Lisa came by me and sat on my right. “What’s up?”

“I’m confused. Confused about how I feel.” I said.

Lisa motioned for me to continue.

“I love Eric. He has such a special place in my heart. But so does Anthony.” I sighed.

“I figured that Anthony would come back in the picture. You two were so close.” Lisa said as Alex motioned for me to continue again.

“What should I do?” I ran my hands through my hair waiting for an answer. 

“From a guy’s point of view,” Alex started. “Leading on a guy is the worst thing you could do. Especially when the guy is so in love with the girl; like how Eric is with you.” 

“So you’re saying that I should break-up with Eric?” I asked. I wanted to burst out in tears. I was so frustrated with myself.

It was Lisa’s turn to answer. “Looking at your situation,” Lisa sighed. “I think it’s the best for him and for you Laur.”

I fell back onto the bed, sighed, and stared at the ceiling. “It would only be fair.” I told myself over and over again.

“I’m sorry Eric. I love you, but I’m just so confused right now. I’m frustrated with myself, and you honestly don’t deserve a girl that is confused about her feelings. You deserve so much better.”

“I’m not gonna argue Laur. If you think it’s right for us, then so be it. If we’re meant to be together, then we’ll find our way back to each other someday.” He smiled and gave me a peck on the cheek. “I love you. Don’t ever forget that.” He whispered into my ear.

“And for you Anthony. You hold a special place in my heart, but I can’t date you. Not right now. Maybe we’ll be together someday, but I’m gonna opt to wait on this one. I’m young. We’re all young. We have our own lives. We have so much more ahead of us.”

I sighed looking at two of the most important boys in my life.

“Friends?” I asked with a reluctant smile; even though tears were already welling up in my eyes.

 “Friends.” They said together.

Anthony and Eric both looked at each other.

“Oh and one more thing Laur.” They said in sync. 

“What does it take to win your heart?” They said with a cheeky smile.

“Y’know, for future references of course.” Anthony added on, turning his smile into a smirk.

(A/N: I didn’t tell you guys this ahead of time, but this is my last chapter for WDITTWYH. And it’s honestly up to you guys if you want a sequel. If you want one, comment down below and I’ll make sure to write one. Oh and tell me if your on Eric's team or Anthony's! Thank you guys so much for the support. For the reads, votes, and comments. It’s what really kept me going. Love you guys! :) And don’t forget to comment down below.)