Chapter 2: Jaimie POV

Jogging to and from school everyday is very good exercise. I'm Jaimie Leningson and I'm from Boston, Massachusetts. I just moved to Tallahassee, Florida a year ago. I've only made two friends, Railyn and Anna. They're pretty nice and since my dad works night shifts, he's never there at night. I had to learn to do things myself because she's a alcoholic and drinks alcohol all day, so when I come home she's drunk, passed out, or out bothering neighbors. My dad is always telling her to go to rehab but all she does is yell, " Shut up, you faggot! You don't tell me what to do." After that he takes me out for a run but I know that he just needed to get out of the house. Also, whenever I have a birthday I plan a party or sleepover at a friend's house. I've taught myself to cook although I almost burned down the house. I take all the laundry down to the laundromat and wash clothes full of alcohol smell and sweat. Sometimes late at night, my dad and mom fight so loud that I have to sneak out to Anna's house to sleep. Tonight, I had to go over to Railyn's house just to have a good meal because my hopeless drunk of a mother couldn't go to the grocery store. I knocked on the door and Railyn opened the door with a plate of hot macaroni in hand and the TV on her favorite channel.