Chapter 3: Anna POV

"But Mom, I really want to join this program!" "Sweetie, you know we don't have the money. Now tata, I have to finish my botox so I can get my $150 French mud bath." She hung up on me! Uggh! "Oh of course mom, go get your plastic face fixed so you can go lay in French mud eating toffees, hard candy, and bonbons." I mock her in a squeaky voice. Ever since she broke up with my dad, all she does is hookup with teenagers from some cheap college nearby. Every few days I'd come home and find some boy in saggy pants and a T-shirt lying on the couch asleep. Oh and by the way, I'm Anna Whitley. I have a few friends and a busy schedule. I love school, learning, education! I wanted to be in an extracurricular activity that goes to elementary schools around the county and teach them math, ela, science, and history. Some of those kids are really smart. They are learning things we learned in 6th grade in 4th! It's amazing knowing you're helping others learn. I have a younger sister who is 6. We were born but our parents weren't married, so they broke up when they couldn't agree on whether we should move to a bigger house. I really wish she could find a sturdy man, not a boy. We need a father in our lives here in Tallahassee.