Chapter 1

"Jillian?" I run through this giant house looking for my house keeper.

"Jillian!?"

"Yes, Aurora?" She asks panting.

"Where have you been?" I ask politely.

"Laundry. Why?"

"I need you to pack my bag while I'm at school, so I'm ready by the time I get home. And make it cute clothes, I don't need to look like a rag. I'll pack everything afterwards. My dad will kill me if I'm not ready. Okay with you?"

She doesn't say anything, probably waiting if I'm done.

I give her a look telling her that I'm waiting.

"Yes, of course. "

"Thanks."

I hate my dad. Why is he making me go to my mothers house in Hawaii for the whole summer! She has never been there for me! Of course I can say the same for him. He's never around. She just left one day leaving me with my dad to fend for myself. I was only 5 years old for god sakes! A girl who needed a mother.

I leave the house, walking towards my car. The sun feels good on my uncovered skin. I'm wearing dark Jean short shorts a floral print fit crop top showing my belly ring and of course white converse.

I text my hot boyfriend Noah to meet me at my locker in 10 minutes. I turn on the car and head to school.

-+-

I feel arms wrap around my waist, and a head is now on my shoulder.

"Guess who?" The 'unknown' whispers in my ears.

"I wonder." I say turning around and giving him a big wet kiss.

"I can't wait for summer." Noah says.

"Why?"

"Because I get you all to myself. "

"I'm going to my mom's on Hawaii, remember?"

"I'm going to miss you." He has a really sad face.

I kiss him on his pouty lips and he's automatically happy again.

We start walking and he puts an arm around me.

"But it is the last day." I say happily.

"That you are correct. Now, get to class or else!" He says jokingly.

"Says you!" I say.

He kisses me on the cheek and walks off towards his first class.

-+-

It's the end of school. The end of the day. And the end of being in LA.

Of course I'm a little excited about seeing my mom but I'm going to miss everyone.

"Hey!" I hear and then get tackled by a hug.

"I haven't seen you ALL day!!!! I love your outfit very cute!!! And your beautiful long blonde hair goes perfectly with it!!! This is why we are best friends!!!"

"Yeesh Lani! Breathe!"

"I'm fine. Now let's plan what's for summer! You can come over to my place tonight and we can watch movies and talk about Noah and the boyfriend I don't have, and how I'm going to die alone!!! And then the next day we can go to the fair!!! And eat cotton candy!!! And don't forget about our maniped--"

I stop her there. She's so excited about this summer. I feel so bad to let her down.

"Lani. I'm going to my moms in Hawaii for the whole summer. I told you that weeks ago."

Her shoulders start to sag and her smile fades.

"Why this summer? Of all summers?"

"She hasn't seen me for 12 years. I don't know why now she wants to be a parent but my dad is making me so, I have to go. Sorry Lani. "

Lani starts to smile again and says "At least there will be a lot of hot guys in Hawaii!"

She's back.