Chapter Thirteen

The day seemed to go too fast for my liking. Because, before I knew it, I had to go get Darren ready.

I took a deep breath and I knocked on his dressing room door. I turned the doorknob and walked in. Darren looked up from his script and said, "Hey Lay."

"Hi Darren," I responded.

There was silence as I ushered him into the chair. As I started getting his makeup ready, Darren asked, "How are you?"

"Fine," I answered trying not to talk to him much. We fell into an awkward silence as I started doing his makeup as quickly as I could without messing up.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, I finished him up. I quickly packed up my equipment and booked it out of his dressing room. I had about a half an hour off, so I told Amelia that I was going to get some fresh air because I wasn't feeling well.

I walked outside and basically gulped in the fresh air. I couldn't handle being with Darren alone. It made me sick to my stomach to know that he could bring up the fact that I ran away from him at the pond. Speaking of the pond, I have to go get my things from there and try to completely forget about ever finding it.

After a couple minutes, I went back inside and ate my packed lunch. Once my half hour was up, I got back to work.

After work, I got into my car and drove home. I changed into some comfortable clothes and grabbed my laptop. I sat on my bed and pressed the Skype button. I saw that Kayla was online. I quickly sent her a message saying: "I don't suppose Kinley is over there with you, is she?"

Kayla quickly typed her response: "You're in luck! She is!"

I pressed the call button and it was soon accepted. I saw two bright, smiling faces that I missed. I smiled and greeted, "Hey! I miss you guys!"

Kayla said, "Lay! I miss you so much!"

"Same here!" Kinley chimed in.

"I've got troubles guys," I told them.

"Spill," Kinley insisted.

For about 15 minutes, I told them about "D". I ended, "We met last night."

Kayla asked, "Shouldn't that be a good thing?"

"It would have been if I hadn't been becoming good friends with Darren."

"What does Darren have to do with this?" Kinley asked.

"It was him. Darren was 'D'."

"What happened when you saw him?" Kinley asked.

I looked down and Kayla, being the motherly figure between the three of us, asked firmly, "Layla. What happened?"

"I ran away," I mumbled.

"Why?" the two asked together.

"I was confused! I didn't know which feelings to follow. If I just wanted to be best friends with him or if I loved him. I got scared, so I ran."

"Lay. I don't know what to tell you," Kinley answered.

"Sorry Lay. But I don't either," Kayla responded next.

"Alright," I sighed.

Kinley changed the subject, "By the way. Thanks for having Joe talk to me. I think I see something between us in the future."

I smiled, "That's great Kin!"

Kayla looked utterly confused and I explained, "Darren had me meet Brolden, Jaime, Walker, Lopez, and Joey through Skype one day. The five of them came into town and I called Kin and had Joe talk to her."

"No way?! The Joe Walker?!" Kayla screeched.

I heard a familiar voice call out, "Who's Joe?!"

I laughed as I saw Riker pop his head into the room. Kinley told him, "She's not cheating on you, you doof. Joe Walker is one of those Starkids."

Riker noticed that they were talking to me and he greeted, "Hey Lay."

"Hi Riker," I greeted with a smile.

The four of us talked until they decided that they should go eat. I told them to text me whenever and we logged off.

---------------------------------------------

So they're awkward. We met Kayla, Kinley, and Riker more.

My team is 3-1 with the only loss being a bullcrap one against our school rival. The umpire called our girl out at home when she was completely safe. I have a game tomorrow and if we win it, we get to play them again. Go East!

Please vote, comment, and recommend! Thanks for reading!

~Sarah