Chapter 5

We jumped into his car, an old, red mustang which freaked with character and age. "Cammie" I whined "Just tell me what we're going to do!" He just smiled at me, patting my leg sarcastically, "Just wait and see, but be patient it's a long drive," he started the engine then chuckled slightly, "and I don't need you whining in my ear the whole time" he burst out into an almost uncontrollable fit of laughter at his words, then turned up the radio so that he couldn't hear my mumbled complaints. Shawn Mendes was on the radio, but instead of listening excitedly as I normally would I grabbed a pen and a receipt off of his cluttered up dashboard and turned it over, beginning to write in my sloppy, haphazard writing.

Bucket list
Midnight road trip
Go to a house party
See Las Vegas at night
Have a star named after me
Ride in a hot air balloon
Go skinny dipping
24 hour movie marathon (preferably Adam Sandler movies)
Save a life

Then on another receipt I wrote a couple of things that I didn't want Cam to see.

Kiss a boy named Cameron (again)
Get married

Then I folded them up and put them in two separate pockets of my coat to avoid any awkward situations. "How do you know what I want to do before I die? You haven't seen my bucket list." I asked in an attempt to start up a conversation, as I realised that we had sat in comfortable silence for about half an hour.
"But I know you, and I know you'll enjoy this." He said sincerely smiling softly.
"Thank you Cam!" I said softly smiling at him, appreciating his kindness.
"You're welcome baby" he said half joking as he patted my leg gently keeping his eyes fixed on the road.