History

Infinite (Korean: 인피니트) is a South Koreanboy band formed in 2010 by Woollim Entertainment. The group is composed ofSungkyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya,Sungyeol, L, and Sungjong. Their mini-albumNew Challenge sold over 160,000 copies in South Korea alone and was one of the best-selling albums of 2013. Their second full album, Season 2, was released in May 2014.
2010 - 2011: First Invasion,Evolution, Over the Top, and Japanese debutEdit

In 2010, Infinite first appeared in the Mnetreality show "You Are My Oppa." They made their debut on June 9. They performed songs from their first EP First Invasion with the singles "Come Back Again" and "She's Back".

Infinite in August 2011

On January 7, 2011, the band returned with the single Before the Dawn (BTD) from their second extended play Evolution.

Their first album Over The Top was released on July 21, 2011 along with the music video of their title track Be Mine (내꺼하자). They received their first music show first place award at M! Countdown on September 1, 2011 and received a "Double Crown" for winning two consecutive #1 places at M! Countdown. Following the success of "Be Mine" Infinite re-released a repackaged album titled Paradise, along with its title track with the same name, on September 26, 2011. On October 9, Infinite came first on Inkigayo for "Paradise." Infinite then won their second trophy with "Paradise" on October 13 on M! Countdown.

Infinite unofficially debuted in Japan with their first Japanese single To-Ra-Wa[2] on January 26, 2011, which was a Japanese version of their Korean debut song, "Come Back Again". Immediately after its release, their Evolution album hit #3 on real-time charts for sales in Korea. The song was the top downloaded ringtone on the daily charts of the K-POP section of Japan's top mobile website. Infinite released various rental singles including "She's Back", "BTD (Before The Dawn)", and "Nothing's Over" before they officially debuted in Japan. Infinite made their official debut with the release of the Japanese version of "BTD" on November 19, 2011. The B-side for the single is "Can U Smile", a remake of a track from their 2nd Mini Album EVOLUTION. It is the 3rd track of their first single album Inspirit.

In December 2011, they digitally released their first Christmas song "White Confession".

2012: Touring, individual activities and InfinitizeEdit

Infinite performing at Cyworld Dream Music Festival in 2011

Infinite performed their very first Korea concert in front of approximately 8,000 fans on February 11-12 at the Seoul Olympic Park in Songpa District, eastern Seoul. The concert was titled Second Invasion, following up the band's debut album, First Invasion. Tickets to the concert sold out within 10 minutes after being released online on December 14.

The group focused on individual activities with Dongwoo featured in Baby Soul/Yoo Jia's new single "She's a Flirt" released on 18 January, L was cast in for the tvN TV dramaShut Up Flower Boy Band which started airing on 30 January, Hoya was cast in Reply 1997that aired on the 24th of July, Woohyun was cast in The Thousandth Man which started airing on the 17th of August,L was cast inWhat is Mom that aired on OcInfiniteInfinite sang the sitcom's OST, Fantasy.

The group's second Japanese single was released on April 18, 2012. It included the Japanese version of their song "Be Mine" as its title track, as well as a Japanese version of "Julia". It peaked at #2 both in Oricon Daily and Weekly Charts.Total reported sales amount to at least 54,218 copies.

The group's third mini album was INFINITIZE, which was awarded a "Triple Crown" for winning #1 in a week at all Music Programs. On June 14, 2012, Infinite won their first triple crown on M! Countdown for the "The Chaser" which achieved top spot on the charts for three consecutive weeks. At the end of the year, Billboard named "The Chaser" the number one KPOP song of the year.