Chapter 23

A few months later

Narrator's POV

There was a dark room with the television being the only light in the room. Sonia was sitting in front of the television fast asleep. Rocky smiling at her slowly picked her up. She was in her 7th month. She was a little heavy, but he carefully picked her up. As he walked away the television was showing the news.

"It's been about 5 months now and still the families refuse to let the world know what exactly happened to Aditi Singh Kashap" the news reporter said

"I guess in this case it's best assumed that she is in fact not among us anymore" The female news reporter sighed, "I didn't know her personally, but there was no one in this city who didn't want Aditya and Aditi to get married. The whole story is so heartbreaking"

"Is it true that she was married to him when she was in an accident?"

"Yes. The rumor is that she was coming home with Aditya when their car met with a terrible accident. It is also said that Aditya survived cause she was the one driving"

"That does sound like something she would do"

"It's all very sad. Along with Aditi's disappearance it seems like Aditya refuses to make any public appearances as well"

"I don't blame him. Imagine you are in love with a girl since childhood and then when you finally marry her the cruel world takes her away from you. I wouldn't want to say anything about it either"

"Our prayers go out to those two families. Time is sure to heal every wound"

Rocky came back to switch the television off. He turned to look out the window

"You must be having fun" He sighed as he stared at the night sky, "you always wanted to prove to Aditya that he would miss you more if you left, and now that he does you aren't here to see it. We miss you" He sighed and walked away

Across the street, Rey was tucking his daughter into bed.

"Honey?" Helen stood by the door

"Hm?" He answered her as he kissed his daughter's forehead

"I was wondering if you want to come to Venice with us?"

"Venice? You are leaving? I thought you were going to stay with me here in Mysalore?"

"I would, but with the way things have been I don't think it's in our best interest to be here"

"What do you mean? I took over the whole underground business, and with Aditya's help I have all the deals going smoothly. I have everything I ever wanted. I even got Leon out of my way"

"That's it though. Aditya. He is like a time bomb waiting to tick off or a patient waiting to go to the hospital. It's not natural. We all want to have a funeral for Aditi, but Aditya...He hasn't even talked about it. He doesn't want to bury her...it's weird"

"He needs time"

"It's been months"

"So if I died you would just get over me?"

"No, but I wouldn't hold onto you like this. It's pathetic"

"You have loved me for maybe a few years...It's different for Aditya. He had a special bond with Aditi. He wasn't in love with her or refused to believe that he was, but there was something strong between them. They have been together since Aditi was born. He is holding on to the only aspect of his life that kept him happy. You have no right to judge him. Now about his behavior. Regardless of what he does he will never turn his back on us. First we are family, second Aditi would have never let him so he wouldn't do it. The only reason he is still alive is cause she would have wanted him to. The only reason he is still working, and managing his life like usual is for her. She would have wanted him too"