Chapter 1: The Bad News

It was nearly midnight. Rhaymon was in his bed but sleep wouldn't visit him. He had a feeling that something bad had happened but he wasn't sure what it was.

For a couple of minutes, he laid in his bed— thinking. Finally he decided to get some water in the kitchen below, so he got up. He was careful not to wake up his sleeping wife. On his way back to the bedroom, he passed the open living room window. Something like a shooting star is moving very fast towards his direction. A sudden rush of nervousness filled his body. He had a feeling that this isn't a good sign. He sighed and strode out of the castle, prepared to hear whatever the news will be.

The thing that Rhaymon saw out the window halted a few meters from the place where Rhaymon was standing. It was a ball of fire with a pair of blazing eyes and a distinct mouth with hardly any nose. The light coming from it illuminated the ground a few meters around the garden. Its heat burned a patch of grass underneath the place where it was floating. Rhaymon can feel the extreme heat coming from it but he didn't care. All he cares about is why the thing in front of him came to Earth.

This thing is one of the Guardians guarding the most dangerous criminal in the world— Rhazor. Rhazor is the most evil wizard who ever lived. He was detained in the prison located in the inner most core of the sun. Only these Guardians can survive the extreme heat of the sun without any protection.

"Flare. Why are you here in the middle of the night?" Rhaymon asked, looking at the Guardian, even though he was already sure what was coming.

"Something terrible had happened, my lord," Flare answered.

"Don't tell me..." Rhaymon started but the words failed to come out his mouth.

"Yes your highness," Flare said in a low deep voice. "He escaped."

"How?!" Rhaymon bellowed when he finally found his voice again. "How can he escape when all of you are guarding the sun?"

"That's the problem your highness," Flare said. "There was a traitor. They carefully planned the escape when the traitor is in duty in guarding the prison."

"Who is this traitor?" Rhaymon asked. He was shaking with anger knowing that someone helped his brother to escape.

"It's... It's Frible, your highness." Flare replied still with his low deep voice.

"Haven't any of you noticed what Frible was doing?" Rhaymon asked furiously.

"I did, your highness," Flare said as he looked down to the ground. "I was next on duty when I heard Frible talking to Rhazor. I didn't hear what they were taking about but I became suspicious because we're supposed to be forbidden to talk to the prisoner. I investigated but by the time I found out, it was already too late."

"Where's Frible this time?" Rhaymon asked.

"We caught him shortly after Rhazor escaped, your highness."

"Bring him to me tomorrow night," Rhaymon commanded sharply. "Don't let him escape or you will be the one to be punished."

Flare was taken aback with the threat. "Yes, your highness," he answered.

"Go now before the sun rises. I shall see you tomorrow evening," said Rhaymon.

Flare soared away.

"The prophecy has begun. No one is safe any longer. It's time for them return," Rhaymon whispered to himself as he saw the patch of light growing fainter and fainter as it disappeared into the darkness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Authors message]

I think it's a lame start but please continue reading. It's going to be EPIC. I promise. *cross fingers*

Kindly point out any mistakes that i may have committed especially on grammar.

I hope you enjoy this story.

[ps: please read all the authors messages. It may contain explanations, answers or announcements. Thanks.]

Next chapter is coming soon....

pls. VOTE

MWAH

-JKMH-