Chapter 3: Into the Land of Fiorrè

In the middle of the of the vast ocean, there lies a huge island, concealed from the rest of the world. And just like any other place on Earth, it also has its own share secrets and mysteries. It treasures a secret that, when revealed, would surely change all of mankind. It was a very dangerous secret strictly kept hidden within the island for hundreds of years. This secret is the secret of magic.

The island was known to its inhabitants as Fiorrè. It is here, where, hundreds of years ago, magic struck first. Years after its arrival, magic flourished in Fiorrè. Just like a seed planted in the ground, magic began to grow and cultivated itself into the daily lives of the people, reaching even the farthest corners of the land. Magic was used by the people in growing their crops, building structures of impeccable beauty and strength, and in general, making their lives easier. It was the time when magic was considered by Fiorrèans as a gift from the sky above.

However, it did not take long for the innate greed of the human race to emmerge. The once peaceful Fiorrè was tainted with the blood of the people who were fighting for dominace... for power. Soon, the use of magic evolved. Those who hunger for supremacy developed newer and more dangerous types of magic. Magic that can harm and can even kill people. And to counter this danger, some people engaged themselves into discovering spells, charms, and curses to combat dangerous magic. Soon protection spells also materialized. Magic was explored like never. People who were eager to know more, delved into the deepest parts of magic. Spells were discovered and some were improved. This was known as the Era of Discovery.

Not long after, the Dark Age came. Chaos was unleashed into Fiorre. Wars began and ended as quickly as they have started. Many lives were lost. Lives of both innocent and rebels. But still, some people faught to regain peace. Headed by the Aristore family, the first humans to discover magic and were called to be the Origins, these people faught hard until peace was brougth back to Fiorrè once more.

When the people of Fiorrè realized the dangers of harnessing such power, they decided to conceal it from the world. And so, the rulers of Fiorrè, the Aristore family, casted spells and enchantments to the whole island, making it invisible to those with no magical blood. It was then that magic was forgotten by the whole world, but not by the people of Fiorrè.

***

A cloud slowly decended onto a wide grassfield in the middle of the forrest. From it came out Rhaymon, Elvira, Luther, Arthur and Roxanne with Cleve, their dog, at their heels.

"Welcome to Fiorrè," Rhaymon said to the children. "I know you don't remember, but this have been your home until your father decided to hide you from all this. It was for your own good of course. He tried to take you away from the danger during that time. But now, time has changed. You would be safer here than outside."

"Safe from what?" Luther asked.

"We'll explain everything later," Rhaymon answered. "I know that today's events are already too much for you. For now, lets go to the castle for you to rest."

Although questions are flooding the children's minds, they just nodded and followed Rhaymon as he walked ahead.

The childeren didn't know where they are headed. They looked around but they only saw a field of grass that stretch until it met the dense forest. Ahead of them, they saw nothing but grass. But as they walked further, a very wide river came into view. With just one glace, the children instantly knew that it was no ordinary river. Its waters were flowing in all directions creating treacherous whirlpools that could drown even the most experienced swimmers. Deadly sharp rocks scattered in the river making it impossible for even the toughest ship to cross.

"This is the river of Elvior," Rhaymon said. "As you can see, crossing this treacherous river is impossible. This makes it Fiorre's first line of defence against some attackers. Don't worry, we are almost at the castle. We will explain everything once we arrive."