When Love Runs Red:: Chapter One

Copyright © 2011: Letitia Van Herck. All Rights Reserved.

Authors Note:

Hello everyone,

So this is not my first time writing, but this is my first story on this account. I haven't been myself lately and wanted a break from all my old stuff and just have an account where I can have some fun writing a story with no pressure. So yes here is "When Love Runs Red" its a vampire, historical, romance and its...well its really crazy actually. I hope you like it. Please if you don't like vampires and shizz don't bash it but I hope you enjoy reading it and I shall try and upload often.

"It's Alice In Wonderland, Meets Buffy The Vampire Slayer"

....When Love Runs Red....

==========================================================

                                   “We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad”

                                   ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

                                                When Love Runs Red

                                                       Chapter One

The first thing Charlotte Elizabeth Watson noticed as she entered the room was the curtains. They were of a light blue shade and hung both sides of the large square windows. Now if you had asked her as to why she had noticed them first, her answer wouldn't have seemed sane. It was simply because they did not seem to match. They stood out. Isolated and lonely that's how they looked to her. It was an absurd thought really. Curtains being lonely? How daft. And yet she couldn't shake the annoying itch that simply would not let it go. The rich blue waves simply didn't match the gold and red of the room. Perhaps, she thought, that if it had been another shade or something as subtle as ivory green then some coordinal balance could have been found. Her opinion however didn't matter in this case. It wasn't her home to decorate.

            The second thing Charlotte noticed wasn't the rose red of Lady Edwards dress nor was it the decor placed in the room for todays affair. No, It was the joyous gleam in her mother's eyes as she scanned the room. Looking for appropriate suitors no less. Had Charlotte not been in public she would have sighed and slouched in annoyance. Sadly if she attempted so now she was sure to get a beating later that night. Instead she put on her best smile and pretended that she wanted to be there.

            Every year Lady Edwards hosted the great 'Dillton ball', which was a prime opportunity for families of young girls to find suitable suitors for their daughters. Both men and woman of noble status gathered from all over London to attend the grand ball, in hope of match making. Charlotte's mother was obviously one of them. Charlotte herself wasn't too fond of the idea of marriage. She didn't want to get married or have children as of yet. It was strange really, she knew, and it angered her mother deeply. She didn't want to upset her mother in any shape or form, as any young girl wouldn't, but she could not imagine herself limited as of yet. At heart she wished she could go back in time when she was nothing but a small pigtailed girl running through the 'Hampton' manner causing mischief-and gaining a few angry glares from her nanny too.