Some Things Just Don't Change

It was less than a week before the opening of Sun & Moon, and the commercials had aired constantly on local television. There was so much buzz about the cafe that Leah had to work overtime to get a billboard out near Union Square in less than a day. After that, sponsors and building owners gave Diana the vacant spot next to theirs, allowing for space extension. This made Clark work overtime to fill the open space with more furniture. 

Even though they were totally busy, Clark and Leah never were away from each other too long. Leah would stay over at his place instead of Tita Jack's because it was "too far from work." And Clark would always drop off food for her lunch break because it was "on the way to the delivery site." 

What they both didn't realize, though, was Leah's time in San Francisco was coming up.

----

"Leah... we need to talk," Simon came in her office, trying to get the attention of Leah who was on the phone with Clark. 

Holding her phone over the mouth piece, "Sandali lang, Simon, ah?" She held the phone properly again, "O sige. Thank you, Mahal!.... oo nga.... Hindi na!... busog pa ako... o sige, I'll get it on my way home... Bye. I love you!" 

She hung up the phone and went back to her desk so she could talk to Simon. 

Raising an eyebrow, "Wow. Nag 'I Love you' ka pa.... sus grabe kayo! Ang bilis." 

"Baliw!" she said, laughing. "So what do you need to talk to me about?" 

The air almost changed immediately: from happy to anxious.

"Malapit na," he said, knowing that she knew what he was talking about. "Siguro... day after yung soft opening ng Sun & Moon." 

"Ganyan kalapit?! This Monday?!" Leah stood up, surprised.

Simon stared at her, "So I'm guessing by that, he doesn't know that you have to leave. You knew it was this Monday." 

She sat back down, pursing her lips, "No, I haven't told him yet. I was gonna tell him tonight. Well, no, I have to tell him tonight. I thought I had more time!" 

---- 

"Mukhang ayos ang lahat dito, Clark. Great job!" Diana said, looking around at the new place. 

"Well, soft opening this weekend and grand opening in 2 weeks. I made the deadline early, just in case you wanted to add or change anything," he said, counting if all the tables had the right amount of chairs. 

"Speaking of grand opening, Leah's going to be there right?" Angela asked, coming in and standing next to her mom. 

"Yes, she should be," smiling back at the two of them. 

"You two seem to be doing just fine," she giggled back. 

"I'm sorry, Angela," saying what he felt, because he did still feel bad. 

"Ano ba? Okay na kami! Friends. As long as you two are fine and okay and everything's out," waving at the new employees who came there for final training. "O sige. Umuna na ako." And she left to go to the kitchen with the rest of the staff. 

Diana was looking at her phone, "Wait... are you sure Leah can make it? I mean... we would love her for her to be here, considering all the publicity she's managed to get us... but I overheard she has to leave for the Philippines soon." 

Clark looked back at Diana, "Bakit kailangan sya bumalik. Akala ko dito ang trabaho nya." 

"Ahhh hindi. They sent her over for us specifically. She works back in Manila, but I think this is part of her new promotion. Simon told me that she only works here in San Francisco 3 months at a time.... Mahirap kaya yun. Always back and forth."