Chapter Three

Recap:

On the other side of the door is my boss, Liam. I smile and he smiles back. I stand there awkwardly for a moment before speaking.

"Um...would you like to come in?" He nods his head, walking into my apartment. I close the door behind me and turn around to look at him. "Do you need anything Liam?" I ask nervously as I bite the inside of my cheek. He shakes his head before taking a seat on my couch. I hesitate before taking a seat in the love chair in front of him.

"Well Madison, I heard that I was your birthday so I thought I would take you to lunch. If you're not busy, of course." He says surprising me. My boss was asking me to lunch...."Um...I...sure. I'd like that." He smiles and we both stand up. "I just need to be back here by 6:00." I mumble while grabbing my jacket and following him out the door.

Madison

Liam takes me to a small café downtown named 'Laci's'. Once I get out of the car, I can already smell muffins. "It smells remarkable out here!" I exclaim making him laugh as we walk into the café together. We head to an empty booth near the windows and I thank him as he grabs my jacket, hanging it up along with his. He slides into the booth, running a hand through his hair as he does. We have been pretty close since he hired me two years ago and I guess I could say we were friends. He's just never taken me out like this before. I felt like we were on a date and it made me nervous. So nervous that I'm pretty sure my cheek is bleeding from biting on it.

"Madison?" I blink before looking up to see a waitress waiting for my order. "Uh...I'll just have a tea with a blueberry muffin please." She nods while writing it down in her notebook before looking at Liam. "I'll have the same, thanks." He smiles at me as she walks away and I give one back. This was becoming very awkward.

"So Madison, any plans for your birthday?" Liam asks and I go to shake my head before remembering that I did have plans. "Um...actually Alyssa is taking me out." I don't comment that she's taking me to a club so that I can drink because who tells their boss that, right?

"Oh that's nice." He states just as the waiter comes to our table with our stuff. I thank her as she sets my tea in front of me, along with the muffin. I wait for her to leave before taking a bite. "Woah! This is amazing!" I exclaim like a little kid earning laughter from Liam. I blush lightly and hope he can't tell as I take another bite. We sit in the café for at least an hour before Liam looks at his watch.

"Well, I've got to get back. I'll drop you off at your place." I take the last sip of my tea before nodding and stand up. I grab my jacket from Liam's hand and quickly shrug it on before following him out to the car. I thank him as he holds the passenger side door open while I get in. He closes the door before walking to the driver's side. The ride back to my apartment is quiet but not an awkward quiet, a peaceful quiet. As he parks the car I look over to him and smile. "Thanks for lunch Liam. I'll see you next week." He smiles before giving me a light kiss on the cheek. "Happy birthday Madison." I blush before getting out of the car and walking into the building.

***

"We are going to have so much fun tonight." Alyssa squeals as she finishes curling my hair. I fake a smile while looking at the outfit still laid on the bed. I was really only excited to wear the outfit, not go out in it. I catch Alyssa staring at me in the mirror as she sets the curling iron down. "Go get dressed! We leave in 30 minutes." She pats my shoulder and I smile before grabbing the outfit off the bed. I strip down to my under garments and step into the black pants. They felt smooth as they went up my legs making me smile. I changed into a white bra before slipping the white shirt over my head. It was a loose shirt but it looked hot. I turn to the full length mirror in my room and watch myself as I slip the leather jacket on over my shoulders.