[Chapter One]

I like rain.

Every time grey clouds emerge in the endless sky to release it's water, sends waves of happiness throughout my body. Rain scattering around the country, almost like it's being cleansed. Cleansing this country of all the bad people who's inflicted pain towards others. The peaceful sound of the little droplets of acid water crashing against the window is settling.

Why do people prefer the sunshine? A molten rock in space causing blistering heat and dazzling light which reveals all the disgusting horrors of life. Rain however, covers everything that you see with a beautiful dark grey blanket. It holds a fresh start.

I feel a droplet of water landing and shattering on the tip of my nose. It's as if the sky had heard me.

I raise my head to see fluffy grey sponges battling to be seen in the vast blue sky. In a matter of minutes, droplet clones rain down on the city like bullets from a machine gun.

I walk out further onto the balcony which looked over the beautiful Phantomhive gardens and spread my arms out, wishing to fly away.

Another reason why rain is amazing is that when you cry, your tears get lost in the busy rush of already cascading liquified crystals.

I hate crying. It makes me feel weak and helpless so when I cry outside during an outpour, it feels like I haven't cried. It's cheating but at least my secret is safe.

"(f/n)."

I hear my name being called in the distance, but I don't want to be dragged back to reality.. Not yet at least.

I shut my already heavy eyelids and concentrate on the stinging sensations piercing my face and arms before re-opening them to admire the beauty of the rose filled garden.

A sudden hand gently touched my frozen arm causing me to gasp as I jerk my arm away in defence. I swing my head round before finally realising that the hand belonged to my maid, Mey-Rin, who had a worried look plastered onto her face.

"Lady (f/n), are you okay?"

I breath a sigh of relief and nod reassuringly.

"Please come in, otherwise you'll catch a cold, yes you will."

I didn't really want to leave my own little world but then again I didn't want to give Mey-Rin more trouble since she has looked after me very well over these past few years.

I allowed the hardworking but clumsy maid to drag me inside to dry me off.

"Dinner is in an hour, Ciel will be attending tonight. Would you like me to help you change?"

"No thank you, I'll be fine." I gave a small smile in attempt to urge her to leave. Don't get me wrong, Mey-Rin is like a best friend to me, but I like my own company just as much as having company of a best friend.

"Okay miss, just call if you need anything, yes." Mey-Rin shuffled backwards, then tripping over thin air she dramatically raised her arms in attempt to clutch onto something for dear life yet failing to her dismay.

I crouched down and offered my hand to help the poor lady up. She bowed to me a hundred times before running out the door finally.

I walk towards my wardrobe full of various shades of (f/c) dresses. Since Ciel is attending I guess I should make more effort in my attire this evening.

Ciel works most of the time in his study therefore not having much time to enjoy dinner with me, the least I could do was look nice.

Gazing upon dozens of elegant dresses I finally pick one. It fitted snugly on my torso while flowering out above my hips, ball gown style. It had a beautiful black vine type design worming its way around the torso and straps which had a criss cross style.