[Chapter Six]

I stood outside the Phantomhive manor, watching Lizzie's carriage pull up.

She got out and bolted towards me, pulling me into smuggling hug.

"L-Lizzie, c-can't breath."

"Oh sorry!" She let go of me immediately and gave me a warm smile. "I'm just so happy that you've forgiven me and we can go back to being friends again!"

"Ahem."

I spun round to see Ciel watching the reunion.

"I allow you to stay here under one condition Lizzie. That you are not rude to (f/n) again, otherwise I'll have Sebastian chuck you out."

"Yes sirrrrrr! I wouldn't do anything more since I know your secret now!"

Lizzie hadn't realised but Ciel had already left before she even started her sentence.

Sebastian seemingly taking Ciel's place greeted Lizzie and her maid and then helped with some of the luggage.

By the time Lizzie unpacked and settled into her room, it was time for dinner.

I wore my a dark, royal blue dress with black ribbons and roses scattered around whilst Lizzie wore a frilly pink dress of course.

We walked in on time for once and sat down to enjoy our meal.

"This food is so nice! Who cooked it?" Lizzie exclaimed.

"I did Lady Elizabeth." Replied Sebastian who was standing next to Ciel.

"Where did you learn to cook food this good?! It's so delicious!"

"Why, I'm just one hell of a butler."

I smirked at the stupid phrase that Sebastian always says.

"Is there something wrong?" The butler said with a hint of irritation.

"No no, nothing wrong. With your hellish little pun." I said, putting emphases on the world hellish.

"Well I apologise my lady, rather my lord. Or even better, my demon."

I glared at the tall man smirking next to a wary looking boy. Lizzie simply sat there continuing to enjoy the food.

"Wearing male clothing does not make me a male and I am nothing like a demon." I felt like I could breath fire at this moment in time.

Ciel slammed his fist down on the table. "Will you just stop bickering with your ridiculous nonsense while I am trying to eat."

"No." I challenged Ciel.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"N-" before I could finish my sentence, Lizzie interrupted with a very unusual reaction.

"AWWWW YOU GUYS ARE ARGUING LIKE AN OLD MARRIED COUPLE!" She clasped her small hands, forming hearts in her eyes.

I just stared blankly at Lizzie then at Ciel before realising he was doing the same.

An awkward silence hung in the air for a few moments before we realised what had been said.

"WHAT?" Me and Ciel shouted in unison.

"I'd never marry him anyway since he never lets me borrow his clothes." This earned a "tch" from Ciel.

"I'd never marry her since she steals my clothes without returning them."

"Suree sureee." Lizzie's voice melodically rung in my ears.

After finishing up dinner, Lizzie decided to head up to bed since she apparently needed her beauty sleep, which left me and Ciel to ponder about what to do next.

We eventually settled on sitting in front of the fire place and looking at this book filled with pictures of structures from around the world.

My dream was to travel so these pictures sent excitement pulsing through my veins.

My dress had been sprawled out around the floor as I leaned on Ciel for comfort.

I stared at the blazing fire which had a homely glow to it.

"Ciel?"

"What is it?"

"Do you ever hear the souls calling out to you? The ones we've driven from this world for revenge?"

"No. Do you?"

"I don't." I looked down at my palms, remembering all the lives I've helped Sebastian and Ciel take. "It's surprising that I don't since people say if you murder then you'll be haunted by the voices of your victims forever more. But it saddens me in a way because if I don't hear them, does that mean I'm a... Demon?"

Suddenly, I felt a warm hand slide into mine.

"You're not a demon. All the souls you've taken can see that you're a good person, that's why they do not haunt you."

My eyes began to sting as I looked up at raven haired boy. I quickly blinked, getting rid of the stinging sensation.

Ciel sighed and shook his head. "When will you release all the emotion you've been bottling up inside?"

My (e/c) eyes widen as realisation hits me. Ciel has been watching me all the time, watching how I've prevented any tears from falling.

"Never." I whisper sternly.

Resting my heavy head on Ciel's shoulders, I begin to head of into a deep sleep. The last thing I heard coming from the mature boy I was leaning on was "tch, you're too strong willed for your own good. Sleep now."

I fell asleep focusing on the hand clasping mine, our fingers intertwining.