Chapter Nine

**Harry's POV**

When I'm taken back to the cafeteria, I spot the boys at our usual table. But something seems off.

There's no laughing. No joking. Niall's not even eating. His food looks untouched. Instead he's looking at Louis who, instead of his usual bright smile, has a very serious look on his face. 

He's whispering very low, I can tell from here by the way the boys are all crowded around him. But it also looks like he's hiding. From who?

Zayn's arm is over Louis shoulder, and first I'm jealous because he's touching Louis, then I'm furious, because he's touching Louis. But I calm myself, because something is wrong with Louis.

I walk over and stand behind Louis. Everyone except for Louis look up immediately, when they realize it's just me, they visibly relax. Why is everyone on guard?

"It's just Harry." Zayn says in his ear and Louis looks up at me through his eye lashes.

"Move over Zayn." I say calmly. He grumbles under his breath and scoots over. Now my arm is around Louis, who is still hanging his head. "Louis what's wrong? What hap-"

I'm interrupted by Creepy Caroline blowing her whistle. Nice timing you old hag.

"Tell me later." I whisper in his ear as we walk out.

As the douchebag looking guy takes his place at the end of the line he looks up at me looking at him and smirks. A very evil looking smirk that would give me chills if I felt threatened by him, but I don't. I'm a manly man, I'm tough.

**

**Liam's POV**

Today we were taken to a library that I didn't even know existed. It was actually inside of this place.

The walls were lined with shelves filled with books and painted with quotes from various authors. Then you had the middle of the floor filled with tables and other book shelves.

I, myself, have never been big on reading, but beside me I swear I could feel Zayn buzzing in joy. It was kind of scary. I look over at him and see that he's looking around, his eyes lit up like a kid in a candy shop. 

Only thing I liked about libraries were the comic book section. Go ahead and judge me I'm a comic book nerd okay.

As I scan the library, Paul catches my eye and points at the two of us, in an "I'm watching you" gesture. I nod in response and nudge Zayn in his side.

"Let's go." I didn't really wait for him and left, because Paul was still watching us and it felt a bit uncomfortable. He follows behind me and I make my way to the comic section located in the back of the library.

It even had a cozy little area, with beanbag chairs and little couches. That's nice.

I pick out a few Iron Man, Superman, and Green Lantern comics. Nothing I haven't read before.

Behind me Zayn scoffs, and I turn around and say, "What? I like comics, sue me."

We sit in the chairs a good distance apart, its very quiet, but we're in a library what do you expect? 

"You're not gonna read?" I ask Zayn.

He snorts. "Do I look like I read?"

"I guess not. So are you just gonna sit there?"

"Maybe." I go back to my Iron Man comic, trying to ignore the pair of eyes that remain on me. After about twenty-three minutes, I get frustrated because Zayn hasn't stopped staring at me, so I throw my book down and look up at him laughing.