Preface.

"Jermaine move." Raven spoke as her little arms tried to push a much bigger Jermaine away.

"Nah, I'm straight." He replied blankly, resisting her pushes.

"Jermaine seriously move, I have a damn boyfriend for God sakes."

He paused, "And? What the fuck he got that I don't?"

He then realized he said the wrong thing...

Raven stopped pushing as her face churned and turned red, "What the fuck you mean what he got that you don't?" She shook her head and laughed, "Look Jermaine you really need to go because you're getting me out of my character."

"Nah Raven answer the damn question." He stood still planted in the same spot.

Raven scoffed, "You really wanna know huh? Well, for one he has LOYALTY. Which is the only damn thing I asked for during our whole relationship, Jermaine! And you gave me none! You think I was going to stay after you cheated on me multiple times? Hell no! The only reason I stayed that long in the first place is because I was in love with your dumb ass! All I wanted was your loyalty, trust, and your fucking attention but no... I wasn't enough for you obviously." She softly shook her head as the tears started to spill.

Jermaine's face softened as he sighed, running a hand down his face, "Baby please-"

She shook her head, "No! Don't you dare call me baby! How dare you try to come back in my life because you see someone finally treating me right... the same shit you should've did! How dare you, Jermaine!" She shouted in full blown tears at this point as she threw hits at the large man's chest.

Jermaine just stood there and took it all.
He deserved it.

He knows he shouldn't treated Raven the way he did but he'll be damned if he lets another nigga try to take his place.

He grabbed her small wrists, making her stop, "I'm sorry Ray. I'm so fucking sorry. But Raven I am so madly in love with you and you don't even realize it but baby I am... I am dumb as fuck for letting you go the first time but you got me fucked up if you think imma let another nigga stay in the life of a woman I love. But since you fail to realize that right now, imma show you... watch. Watch." He nodded as Raven shook her head.

He pulled her close and engulfed her in a tight hug and she let him, since she wasted the little energy she did have in those hits.

"Raven I'm so sorry and imma give you the world baby, I promise. You deserve it." He whispered while tenderly kissing the top of her head making more tears fall down her face.

He pulled away and cuffed her face shaking his head. This honestly pained him, seeing how much she's hurting cause of him.

So many tears...

His large hands wiped as much tears as he possibly could then softly kissing each of her cheeks.

She closed her eyes and shook her head trying to get her face from Jermaine's touch but he firmly grabbed her chin making her look at him.

At this point no words were said as they stared into each other's eyes.

In his eyes she could see regret, hurt, guilt, and definitely love.

And in her eyes Jermaine saw pain, heartbreak, defeat, but he saw the glint of love that he definitely knows is there.

Seeing the love in her eyes gave Jermaine hope because now he's sure that Raven loves him just as he loves her.

He knows nobody knows Raven like he does and he's determined to get his lady back, no matter the cause.

He paused and ran a finger down her face before saying,
"Raven, you and I both know that nigga ain't me but hey...

May the bitter man win."

— • —

based on the song,
"May the Bitter Man Win" by J Cole featuring Treasure Davis.

Raven in MM.