Chapter Two

"The project will begin next class, Have a good rest of the day!" Mrs. Dudley said in a surprisingly happy tone. I gather my things instantaneously and half  ran out of the room to not be late to my next class. I didn't even notice Matt following me until I got to my locker. 

"Text me sometime." Matt said standing next to me. He was holding out a piece of paper with ten digits on it. I stood there with my eyes about to fall off of my face. He slid the paper he had in his hand on top of my binders that are in my arms. He walks proudly away as I stand there in awe. I hear the late bell ring and scurry to open my locker and get the stuff for my next class. 

I practically run down the hallway to class, that I'm now late for. I walk in the room and everyone already started on something. Oh shit, I say in my head. 

"Dylan Parks, You're late." says the teacher in a mono tone. 

"Sorry, I got cau.." I try to say but get cute off by his voice.

"I'll let it go this time. Take your seat" He said a little harsher this time. 

I walk over to my seat and sit down slowly. I cautiously set my back pack on the floor next to me.  I squint to read the board as I'm in the back of the room. Ugh another study guide. Well at least he's not assigning random partners for a group project. That's a plus.

Forty five minutes pass and the period is over. I gather my things and walk to my locker being jostled the whole way by inconsiderate assholes. Next period is lunch, finally I'll be with people I actually like talking to. I Walk in and grab my tray. There has always been one empty seat at my table of friends. and it's on my right. I come back with my tray, and one my way to my seat I can't believe who I see in the normally empty seat.