The Flashback

*3 years ago*

Store alarms rang. People looked out of their windows and children gave concerned glimpses in the direction of the commotion. Dogs barked, and cars pulled over to let cops drive by. The last thing anyone saw was a tall blonde female darting out of the jewelry store, and turning a corner on 21st Street. Police followed her tracks, but she always outran them. Maybe it was the adrenaline, maybe the experience, but she never got caught... Today, though, she was not so fortunate.

She did not recognize this block, the confusion struck her and not even a moment later, she went down. The police sirens echoed off of the walls, her heart pumped with panic.

"This is it..I'm so dead.." That was all that swarmed through her mind. She clenched her eyes shut and released the gold accessories from her hands before lowering her head and hoping she was hidden. Her phone vibrated in her pocket, and she knew it was one of her dad's calling.

She heard a car pull up next to her, and her heart skipped a beat. "Hey! Get up!"

"I didn't do anything! Tears left black streaks of eyeliner down her cheeks.

"No, I'm not a cop! Quick, get up! I'll get you out of here!" Frozen in fear, she did not move a muscle. Frustrated, he got out of his car and picked her up with a swift hand, throwing her in the backseat and driving off without a trace.