Ch.3

I opened my eyes and realized that it was still dark outside. 'I must have fallen asleep again.' I looked around the room when I found the boy so called 'Dylan'. He was sitting in a wooden seat next to me with his head in his hands. 'Whats wrong with him? Is he okay? Is he asleep?' I was cut from my train of thought when I heard a quite sob. I came from the boy. 'I-Is he...crying?' I didn't know what to do. I sat up and right away he put his head up when he heard me. He turned the other way wiping his tears.

  He walked to the table beside the couch and got the cup of water that was on the table. He came back and sat in the chair and handed me the water, but I didn't take it. I could feel him staring at me but I stayed looking at the floor. "Here, take it." He said in a raspy voice like if he barely woke up. I shook my head still looking at the floor. "Fine, but its going to be right here if you change your mind." He said while putting it on the floor beside my feet. "Whats your name?" I didn't answer. "Hello? I am talking to you." He said while waving his hand, but I still didn't look up. "Fine. I mean I wouldn't have minded if you would have said 'thank you' but I guess thats okay." We stayed in a silence and he looked at me like if he was waiting for an answer. "Well if you don't want to talk I guess you can go. I am not going to keep you here. I just didn't know where to take you." He walked to the door and opened it. I got up and slowly and walked out of the apartment. "Your welcome." he said. Before I could turn around and look at him one last time he closed the door. I stayed looking at the door for a while. Until I turned around and started walking down the hallway.

  Once I got out of the apartment that I was in I noticed that I was really close to my apartments. Its actually right next to the cafe that I pass by when I am walking home from school. As I was walking home I was replying had happened in my head. 'Was he following me? Did he really same me? Why was he crying?' I got to my apartment and once again I heard my mothers screams, but this time it was different. It wasn't just my mother screaming it was also my little brother. My heart started racing. The elevator was taking too long so I ran to the stairs. 

  The stairs where always creepy for me because the lights would always flicker and it wouldn't give out much light. I mean what did I expect, I lived in a cheep apartment. But at the moment I didn't care. 

  I opened the door and I revealed my mother grabbing my brother's shirt by the collar. I ran to them and pushed my mother off him. "Don't ever touch me again!!" My little brother screamed at my mother. She looked surprised and frankly I was too. He ran out and I followed him. I didn't know where he was going but it wasn't like I was going to ask. I just followed him. After about 5 min of walking we were on the door step of my aunts house.

  She was going to take custody of us, but my mother didn't let her. We could never sneak out and go with her. Well I could but I would never let my brother alone with the monster we have as a mother. I tried to sneak out with him at night but unfortunately my mother still had a bit of knowledge in her. Every night she would lock my brother in his room. Sometimes she would forget about her and I would have to remind her. But all I would do is nudge her and look towards my brothers room. But she still gets mad at me for not actually talking to her. One time she got so mad that she slapped me and locked me in my room for the while day. She didn't even give me food but I wasn't hungry.

  My brother knocked on the door. It took a while but she was probably asleep I mean we were there at 2 in the morning. My aunt opened the door. "Oh my god. What happened to you?" She said in her sweet voice. She looked at us and gave us a warm smile. "Come in. Do you guys need a place to stay?" My brother nodded. She gave us a quick snack and she let us sleep in the guest room she had.

  I woke up the next morning at 6:30 A.M. I didn't want to go to school but I had to if I wanted to get a job. You see all I want is to get enough money so that I could run away with my brother. I didn't have any friends at school. I mean who would want to be friends with someone who doesn't speak. I walked into class and sat in my usual seat in the back. I was looking at people walking in and out. Talking to their friends and doing what all normal teenagers do. The bell rang and the teacher came in with someone behind him but I didn't care who it was so I put my head down on my desk. "Okay class today we have a new student. Please introduce your self." I could hear whispers all around the classroom probably ranking him. You know if he was going to be with the popular kids or a loser like me. "Umm...hello my name is Dylan." I heard a familiar voice  and looked up quickly to see the boy from the elevator. "Okay Dylan you can sit in the back with Allison."   

Sorry meant to upload a chapter sooner...anyway thanks for reading.