08 | Poecilia reticulate

Poecilia reticulate (guppy)- a gentle fish in over his head

Hey guys! I'll be doing some editing in the next week so sorry if I spam your inboxes. I'll only be changing the little details.

Thanks so much!

Byeee......

....................................................................................................................................................

The sun was unusually high in the sky and reflected on each pale blue building as it passed. The town was hell for me; everything reminding me of the ocean, yet keeping me prisoner from it. I'd seen life take turns, for good or ill, but mine seems to walk straight without hesitation, straight to death and despair.

The first four periods of my day were tiring to say the least but exiting G21, I discovered something that made it worth while. Propped up against the bench was a familiar head of golden locks, staring off blankly into the distance.

"Harris?"

No response. What a wimp.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked bluntly. Again, no response. He was just acting. The 'saviour' wanted my sympathy. The buzz of the crowd disappeared and I was absorbed by an eerie silence. He really wasn't faking it.

He finally answered, "Don't pretend you give a shit."

"I don't, but my whole life is a waste of time so I might as well hear you vent. Don't expect me to pity you though, coz I've already got it worse."

His stare hardened and I knew he didn't want to share. I turned to go. His business was his business. I wasn't Harris, the guy who saved desperate souls. I didn't owe him anything. I'd walk away. He'd leave me alone.

I turned on my heels and looked at his pitiful stature. There was no one to help him but me. I couldn't believe I was doing this. I walked back over to him.

"Back so soon?" he taunted, a malicious smile growing on his face.

"You know; I don't have to do this. I have places to be, people to avoid."

He pushed his hair out of his face and stood up slowly, "What are you still doing here? Why are you wasting your time with me?"

He softened up and I realised he was waiting for an apology for yesterday. I don't do sorry. He'd never here it pass my lips.

"Are you gonna tell me?" I struggled, fidgeting in my place, "Because as much as I love this conversation right now, I have a sandwich to eat, in lonely corner over there." I was taking the piss.

A vague smile passed his lips for an instant, then he hesitated, unsure to open his mouth, "Do you ever feel you've made the wrong choice?"

"Maybe we should go somewhere more private."

...

"When my mum got remarried, I didn't know what to do with myself. The wedding was a disaster; there weren't enough seats, so my brothers and I had to sit on the floor. At the end of it, my new step-sister hit on me, and at that point, I knew there was something very wrong with my new family."

"You have brothers?" I questioned, avoiding the rest of what he'd said.

He laughed bitterly, "yeah, I did. Ethen, Lleyton and Kael. But why are you letting me telling you this?"