I.

After reaching Fair rows apartments, I ran into Micheal who was telling me he was leaving his Mamma's house because she was tripping about him not washing the dishes last night. He never did, she always bitched about it. Micheal was your average Joe mixed boy with curly jet black fine hair.

His hair was always matted to his head though, and he always had the same raggedy PF flyers on his feet, that had faded from white to beige... He was about 5'11 and weighed almost 100 pounds, he was the skinniest nigga I knew.

We moved on to a different conversation, talking about the party, and how many girls would be there.  Before reaching Quelly's apartment we ran into Fry who had been behind the dumpster with some girl, he ran up on me and Micheal pulling up his basketball shorts.

Saying his usual saying "Aye, see a THOT get some top" he shrugged his shoulders; we all shared a simple laugh before proceeding walking...

Fry was your usual "black boy" in the hood, he got his nick name from his skin, because that nigga was being cooked by the sun. His hair was fine, and almost matched his skin tone.

       "Fry, get your dusty ass back here and pay me!"  we laughed again as Fry explained to us that he told her that he would pay her only  if he busted one. She kept calling after us, after a while she knew that she wasn't getting her money so she left not calling after Fry anymore.

          By the time the girl had left us alone, we had reached Quelly's complex and him and his step dad were outside, Quelly carrying a trash bag and his step-father peaking through the door.  I was assuming he was taking it to the dumpster.

          Quelly was one of those dudes who you would have never guessed lived in the projects... One of those niggas you'd see on the billboards somewhere. After he dropped the trash bag in the dumpster he faced Micheal. Him and Micheal went way back and simply didn't really like each other; to be honest they sort of just tolerated each other's presence. They had met way before me and Fry moved out here, and apparently they got into fights every night when Micheal lived in the same complex Quelly lived in.

      The thing about Micheal and his Mamma, they'd always get evicted and move across the street, they'd never leave the neighborhood. Since I moved out here about a year back Micheal had lived in about six different apartment complexes and 2 different houses.

       I wouldn't be surprised if he had lived in our house, to be perfectly honest we were all Micheal had, he had nothing, and hadn't had anything since his Pop's moved out, shit he wasn't the only one.

       But my Mamma made sure that Shantee' and I never walked outside with a raggedy pair of shoes on our feet, or that our clothes were ironed crisp; besides Pop's always told us not to get fooled by what other people got.. It didn't matter what you had but it how you wear it was what really mattered.

       As for Fry, he had his own style and could afford to have it. His Mamma had a micro braiding shop, and charged about $180 a head..And with that and her new business his Mamma was making a decent amount of money to keep him in a new pair of shoes every other week. .but his Mamma wouldn't move out of the projects, too scared I guess?

I ended up dapping up with Quell. Quell told his step-dad that he was staying outside for a little while, so we could smoke a blunt. Quell had weed but we didn't have wraps, so we walked to the store to get some wraps. They didn't cost much, and we all had our occasional little change on us...

So we all pitched in 25 cents which was two wraps..After rolling up we left and started walking towards the girls house..They were all outside as usual. All of us had a girl to talk to of course except for Micheal..So he just sat there on the door stoop rolling up, and I was sure that Quell didn't give him his weed or a wrap, and another fight would end up happening once he realized that his sack was gone.

I shook my head at him; in reply he simply gave me that sly smirk that he'd always give Quelly to piss him off. Fry and I stood behind Quell; who was already all over his girl, and she had seemed to be enjoying it. She repeatedly asked him was he going to the party, and he dodged the question as long as he could. His girl, Kayar 'who we frequently call Kay was your typical Project rat, with the common project ponytail that they'd wear, to be perfectly honest I didn't see anything special or inviting about her. I didn't find her attractive in any kind of way. What really threw me off was the simple fact that she swore up and down that she wasn't in a relationship, kissing on me and trying to get me in the bed.

The next day I met Quell, and when he invited me in to smoke a blunt she was laid up all in his bed telling him to hurry up and smoke so he could tend to her every need. We didn't speak upon the situation until maybe a month or two later.

Q' and Kay were arguing about, one of her little "hood-rat hood-rat hoochie mamma" friends, and she randomly threw it out there, that I was trying to get her to give me some, and that I offered her money, blowing up the situation.  I was completely stunned and surprised, I didn't mess with that girl, I had never found her attractive in the first place. After me and Quell had got into it, Kay came out and finally told the real situation.

I didn't even care at that point she was first on my hit list. I had Shantee' at her door step the next day, Shantee' beat on her since she took boxing lesson with my Pop's before he left; so it wasn't none of that pulling hair action, one on one straight like that.

Next there was Fry's girl, Leana was just your typical Hispanic chick in the hood...I never had a real interaction with her personally, but she wasn't bad looking, nor did she seem to have a stank attitude..

Then there was Drea' who wasn't mine yet, but I had strong feelings for her and she could usually talk me out of doing stupid things that I'd regret later... She wasn't average, nor typical, she was different and all of the above. Something about her gave me chills, and I've been with a lot of girls. I've been talking to her for about 6 months now, but for now our relationship remains in the friend zone. Q' and Fry sometimes Micheal, would laugh at me telling me how I'm in the "getting no pussy" lane; I thought It was funny, but not the same reason why they thought it was funny. I laughed because unlike Q's girl Drea wasn't giving head to every dude on the block.

         But there are those times where I can't completely hold back. As soon as I'd touch her in the wrong place, she'd smack the shit out me, shit I didn't care she had me on lock; Most boys wouldn't want to admit it but I didn't care to be honest.. I'd never say it in front of Micheal and them though. Me and Drea just sat and talked about the party, what she was wearing, and how fun she thought it'd be. She didn't seem to want me to go, but I didn't care...I dodged the conversation, by asking her about her Granny, and was she okay...

     Her Granny had been fighting Brain Cancer, and it was now at its peak. She seemed to accept the fact that she was leaving anytime now, but before she wasn't ready, but you're never prepared when someone you love leaves your life, then you face the regrets, wishing that, that day they told you to wash the dishes, or clean up something you did it, or even hugged them longer, or maybe even not complained when they asked for a hug and a kiss... her Granny had been taking care of her since she was maybe two years old. I had looked at Drea' noticing she was holding back her tears, I simply told her that it was going to be okay,  and after saying that I realized I shouldn't have.

She cried telling me how it wasn't going to be okay, and how she was tired of people telling her that, she yelled in my face, and clasped on to my shirt. Q' and Fry started looking at the stoop we were sitting on confused. I told her to calm down, and that we could talk about it later on, not in the public; she tried keeping her composure but she couldn't, So I told her to go in the house and get under the air conditioner in her room, so she could calm down. She told me not to tell her what to do, but did what I said anyways.

I wasn't surprised she was a bomb ready to explode, she held in all her feelings all the time, and I was sort of tired of it. I shook my head and told Fry and Q that I was walking to the store to get a Zebra cake and a water.

(A/N: Hey, it was kind of filler chapter, you have met most of the characters...but new ones will be coming up soon J Hope you enjoyed ! Will edit and revise later, omfg. I hate mobile)

Dedicated to: