Chapter Two

It was 8 in the morning when Shawn decided that it was time to go. He grabbed his bags, and his keys and walked into his room where Ashley was sleeping. He sat down on the bed and admired her, the dog growling. "Shut up, stupid dog." He whispered. He extended his arm and rubbed her upper thigh, then he lightly shook her. "Get up, sleepy head, time to go." He smiled and helped her up, the dog still growling. "He never growls at anyone, I'm not sure what's gotten into him." Ashley said in a sleepy voice, yawning and rubbing her baggy eyes. "Oh it's fine, really." He grinned and walked into the living room. "I'll get you some breakfast and I'll give your dog some bacon." He called.

He took the bacon from the fridge and broke open a Tylenol, sprinkling on the bacon, hoping the dog would fall asleep. He began to fry the bacon and made Ashley some grits. "It's ready!" He yelled as he heard their footsteps approaching. He handed her the bowl of grits and fed Harold the bacon. "Thank you, Shawn, I'm not sure what I'd do without you." She smiled. "It's no problem." He said and grabbed her things and her hand, leading her to the car and buckled her up, Harold was in the back, sleeping. "Harold must be tired." She smiled. "Yeah, must be, I'll be back." Shawn said, running in his house.

He went inside and got a roll of duct tape and a sock, then some more Tylenol. He crammed them down his pockets, because men had deep pockets, unlike women who couldn't fit a penny in their poor little pockets.

"Did you miss me?" He laughed and cranked the car once he got in. "Harold looks exhausted he laughed. Ashley nodded and grabbed her cigarettes and lighter putting them in her purse, she also had a 9 millimeter in her purse, just in case. Now, they were on the road. Ashley was more than excited.

Sorry this was so short I didn't have much time to update so yeah.