The "special" room

I was about 8 or 9 when this happened.

our house was pretty normal. we had 5 rooms to use and also one of them were a supply closet and about 2 or 3 bathrooms. but we had a 6th room that was never opened. I asked my mum if I could see what's inside but she said no "that closet is not safe for little kids like you". so I ignored it for a few days but one night I heard it making noises mainly scratching on the door and banging on it. it never did that before but I obeyed my mum and didn't open it. so I hid under the covers and tried to go to sleep.

the next day:
the next day I asked my mum and dad what that was and they didn't hear anything so I asked my brother. he said he didn't hear anything either I was puzzled but that reassured me that it was just in my head, but when I was walking downstairs I could hear my parents and brother talking about it. and I heard them saying "I didn't want to lie to her okay?! I just didn't want her to know" I ran back upstairs and I had a huge debate in my head if I should open it or not I decided yes. but I opened it very slowly seeing what's in there. I didn't open much until I saw it. it had a huge smile with wide eyes and hair longer than Rapunzel's! I think it knew I was opening it because it was right In Front of the door, staring at me and then after a few seconds it screamed so loudly I just shut the door and I told my mum it was me, I told her "I was watching a horror movie and I got really scared" but she knew I opened the door because I never used to scream like that. a few days after we moved out and my dad saying "That thing is other people's problem now".