Chapter 1 | Promise

"SANS! YOU'VE DONE NOTHING BUT SLACK OFF FOR THE PAST 3 HOURS! GET BACK TO YOUR WORK, LAZYBONES!" Papyrus shouted at his brother.

"Alright bro."

Sans got up from the rock he was sitting on and headed back for the door at the end. He didn't really care about capturing any humans, so he'd just go back there to say knock knock jokes to that lady again. When he got there, he landed two knocks on the door.

"Knock knock."
"Who's there?" the lady replied.
"Broken pencil."
"Broken pencil who?"
"Nevermind, it's pointless."
"Oh, haha..."

She wasn't laughing very much. Something must've been bothering her. Was it him? Did she not want to talk with him or anything? Because that would be weird. He didn't do anything wrong... Or at least he didn't think so. But he was dying to know. He just HAD to know what was wrong.

"Hey uh, lady," Sans yelled out from his side of the door, "something bothering ya?"

There was then a short silence, but the lady did reply. "Can you promise me something?" She sounded very serious. Sans didn't usually make promises to anyone, but someone who sincerely loves bad jokes is someone you can't say no to.

"Of course," Sans replied.

"Please..." the lady said, "if a human comes through this door, take good care of them. Treat them as your own."

That was quite a big ask. Sans' job was to look out for humans to bring back to Papyrus to be captured... But this lady, he would disobey his orders for. Well, not all of them. He would still patrol the area. Just... He wouldn't capture humans.

"Ok. I will."
"Thank you. It's time that I leave now..."
"Bye"

And with that she was gone.

-

(Just a little note:
This chapter will be the shortest in this whole fanfic, so please don't worry about it being short. Anyways, hope you enjoyed part one as much as I did writing it! ~Fabby)