Chapter 2 | SANS!

Sans lay awake in his bed, still thinking about the promise he made to the lady. He wondered why she was so into keeping humans safe when they had taken so much from monsters. Eventually, he got so tired he just fell asleep.

-

Sans woke up with a start. He lazily got out of bed and went downstairs to see Papyrus sitting on the couch watching Mettaton's cooking show.

"Sup, Papyrus."
"GOOD MORNING, BROTHER! DID YOU SLEEP WELL?"
"Yeah."
"GREAT, NOW LET'S GET TO WORK! PATROL THE FOREST AREA AGAIN, SANS."
"Ok."

Sans walked until he got to the end of the forest. He was just about to knock on the big door at the end when he saw it being opened. At this, he ran and hid behind a tree nearby. A human child came through the door. Sans decided he would sneak up on them. He quietly tip toed through the snowy path until he was a few metres behind them. He began to walk normally now.

*Crunch*
*Crunch*
*Crunch*

The child froze, their back still facing Sans.

"H U M A N," he said slowly, "d o n ' t y o u k n o w h o w t o g r e e t a n e w p a l ? T u r n a r o u n d a n d s h a k e m y h a n d."

The human spun around and shook his hand.

*RRIIIIIIPPPP*

The kid laughed at the fart noise.

"Heh heh, the old whoopie cushion in the hand trick. It's always funny," Sans said. "You're human, right? That's hillarious. I'm Sans, Sans the Skeleton. I'm meant to be on watch for humans right now. I'm not really keen on capturing anybody though. Now my brother - Papyrus, he's a human-hunting FANATIC. Hey, I think that's him over there. I have an idea - go through this wooden bar thing. Yeah, go straight through. My brother made it too wide to stop anyone."

Sans went in after the human.

"Quick," he whispered, "behind that conveniently-shaped lamp."

The child quickly scurried over to the lamp and hid behind it.

"Sup, bro."
Papyrus walked in. "YOU KNOW WHAT, 'SUP' BROTHER! IT'S BEEN HOURS AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T..."
"RECALIBRATED."
"YOUR."
"PUZZLES!"

"Yeah," Sans replied. "I've been staring at this cool lamp. It's really cool. Wanna take a look?"

"I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT!" Papyrus repeatedly stomped the ground with his foot. "I HAVE BEEN WORKING HARD! BUT YOU? YOU'VE BEEN SLACKING OFF FOR THE PAST 3 HOURS. ALL YOU DO ALL DAY IS SIT AROUND BY YOUR STATION AND BOONDOGGLE! WHAT IF A HUMAN COMES THROUGH? I NEED TO BE READY! I NEED TO CAPTURE A HUMAN! I WILL BE THE ONE, I MUST BE THE ONE!"

"Hey - I've gotten a ton of work done today. A skele-ton."

*B'doom-tish*

"SANS! ENOUGH OF YOUR SILLY PUNS! I HAVE BEEN TOO BUSY DOING MY JOB TODAY FOR THIS."

"Looks like you're really working yourself down to the bone."

*B'doom-tish*

"ARGH! I'M GOING TO CONTINUE MY WORK NOW. AND YOU? MAYBE NEXT TIME PUT A LITTLE MORE... 'BACKBONE' INTO IT. NYEH HEH HEH!... HEH..?"

And with that he was gone.

-

(Just a little note:
Sorry for making it similar to the game. I added some things in here and there to be at least a TINY bit different. Also, I didn't watch any gameplay AT ALL to get the words. So I did pretty well for that, c'mon. I've finished Undertale about 7 times now so I know the diologue very well. Anyways, enough chit-chat for now. On to the next chapter! ~Fabby)