The murder of the century.

The Murder of the Century

Earlier that day when I was getting ready for the party, I wouldn’t have ever imagined of what was going to happen that night. My friends and I had been planning it for weeks, of what to wear, what makeup to put on, and most importantly who to go with. It was the talk of the school that the seniors were going to throw an end of the year bash for celebrating they were graduating and everyone in the high school was invited. It was labeled by the entire school as the “Party of the Century”. The girls had come over that day and we had been doing everything we could to make ourselves look perfect for the night. When 6 o’clock had hit we were perfectly dressed and dolled up for the party and just waiting on are dates to pick us up. I had chosen to go with my good guy friend Dalton, who was going to give us a ride with his friends who were going to go with Allisha, and Stacy. So when they picked us up, we went to Doug’s house, where the party was being held. We pulled up to see that the house was huge and had lights flashing all over it and music booming out of it. This was definitely going to be the best party I had ever been to…or so I thought. When we stepped in there was people dancing, drinking, and doing everything that was expected of a teenage party. The seniors were all playing games like “Truth or Dare” and “7 Minutes in Heaven”. It looked like everyone was having a good time, so we decided to join in and have some fun. By midnight everyone was either partying, or went home. There was no one just sitting around and not having fun. They had run out of drinks twice and had someone get more. When we all started calming down; it started. The lights shut off, the music stopped, and all you could hear in the darkness was screams that made your skin crawl. The stench of something rotten flooded through your nose, and it seemed as if your life flashed before your eyes. I started to panic thinking of how my mother and father were at home thinking I was going to come home soon and be perfectly fine, but now I was thinking that either this was some sick joke or it was the end of my short life. Then in a flash I was slammed up against something and I heard Stacy’s cry of pain. I started to cry thinking that I couldn’t even help her because I was scared in my place. The screams got louder, the stench kept reaching into my nose making me sick to my stomach, I could hear over the screams something slamming into stuff. I was suddenly threw across the room and slammed against what felt like the wall, and I looked up to see blood red eyes staring back at me. I wanted to scream or even yell, but it seemed as if my words were stuck inside my throat. I felt something pick me up and slam me down in to the wall again. Then the last thing I remembered was seeing the eyes staring back at me, as I was falling unconscious. I heard people talk to me, the cries of my sister, and the voice of the doctors. I couldn’t open my eyes though; it was like I was stuck.  I knew I was dreaming but it just felt real, as I kept imagining in my head the screams, and the blood red terrifying eyes. When I opened my eyes, I saw everything white. I was in a hospital room…the doctor must have noticed I was awake cause he helped me up and made sure I was able to handle myself. Then they told me I would have to talk to a therapist for what my mind had gone through, and I was so confused.I had several questions going through my head…”What was those red eyes?”,” Where were my two best friends?” And the biggest “What had happened?”.  I tried asking the doctors but they wouldn’t tell me. When I had been talking to the therapist for two weeks, they finally let me go home. Later that night, I got a answer to my questions. The police came by my house and told me that they didn’t know who was the attacker, but out of all 400 people at the party. There were only 3 that survived; including me. They said the murderer was someone who was at the party but they had no idea who. They had asked me a few questions, and I had answered as best I could but they said that it was about just as much as the other two had given them. I was terrified; I was at a place where a murderer murdered all my friends, people I go to school with, and the people who had made school so unforgettable.

The “Party of the Century” was now known as the “Murder of the Century”.