Chapter I: Forest

Darkness. Darkness is what surrounds the small child. He cannot see, he cannot hear, he cannot move. At this moment, he is stuck in his subconscious, his only companion the thoughts that cloud his mind.

A faint voice pierces the void that he is in, though he cannot make out what it says.

"Hello?" The voice calls out louder. It sounded... Worried. Curious.

"Hello?" It repeats, a bright light forming in the center of the child's field of vision. The light grows, warding off the darkness surrounding him.

"Wh..." Little Marlow stammers, looking to his surroundings. He found himself in a dense forest, odd creatures around him. One, a small humanoid with fluttering, insect like wings floats above him. It's neatly made blonde hair cascading down a bright blue dress.

"Hello?" The fairy repeats for a third time, looking down at the child. Marlow simply stares up at her, confused and scared. He does not know who this is, or who any of the fairies around him were.

Am I dead..? Marlow thinks to himself before chiming in, "H-hello..?"

The fairy lets out a sigh of relief, "You're alright.. My name is Madelyn, how did you get here?" Madelyn tilts her head curiously.

"I..." Marlow tries to recall what had happened before he woke up, "I... Dunno... Where am I?" He squeaks, his voice very small due to fear, mostly.

"You're in the enchanted forest," Madelyn says kindly, smiling reassuringly to him.

"Where's that..? Europe..?" The blonde child furrows his brow in thought, holding his red, tattered scarf with his hand in the sleeve of a striped, green sweater that was far too large for him.

"Europe?" Madelyn laughs, smiling, "No, no! You're in Oblivion!"

"Wh.. What's Oblivion? How do I go home?"

"Home? Well.. Where do you live?"
"I live in.." Marlow trails off. He can't remember where he lived.

"I can't... Can't remember..." He mumbles, frowning.

"Well... Why don't you come with me for the moment? I will keep you safe until you remember, alright?" She says, smiling to him and offering a hand to him. Marlow slowly takes her hand, stumbling along with her, his black rain boots dragging in the grass with each step.