Chapter 1

Today is my birthday. I'm 23 now, a time for celebration right? I thought today would be different, "maybe for once, I could have a good day" I told myself when I woke up this morning. Boy, was I horribly mistaken.
Why don't I tell you the amazingly terrifying highlights of my 23rd birthday.

It started out okay, I woke up and did my morning routine. Which consisted of showering, makeup, scents, and food. Then I left to go to work, I work at the local university. I'm in charge of the space section of the library, which is huge no matter where you go on this planet. I worked until lunch, and today I decided to treat myself. I mean it is my birthday right? But looking back on it now, I know I shouldn't have, maybe if I hadn't gone out, today would've turned out differently.
I went to my favorite restaurant and had my favorite vrteyiunm meal. I was so happy, I was walking back to work and I didn't think anything of the guys behind me, at least not until they had been following me for a couple blocks. I turned a corner to cut through a little alley. The worst decision I could have made, might I note. As soon as they turned the corner, they ran on me. I turned around when I heard the steps, but it was already too late. They jumped me, beat me, took everything of value I had on me. I was almost dead when they started walking away, I could feel it.
I was falling into unconsciousness, everything was blurry. Then I heard the men grunting, and screaming. All before I felt being picked up by someone. They were holding me bridal style, and started flying away from the scene. When I finally got a chance to look at his face, before I fell into unconsciousness, I couldn't believe it. This man had blond spiky hair, piercing blue eyes, and I knew right then and there. I knew I was a gonner, I knew that this man that saved me was of the same race that killed mine oh so many years ago. I had studied them all of my life, and so I knew... my savior, was a Saiyan, and at that... a super Saiyan. And with that thought everything went black.