Chapter 3

When I came to, everything was hazy. I couldn't move much, couldn't remember much. I felt the soft cushion of a mattress underneath me. I started to relax... and then it hit me, I remembered everything. I sat straight up as fast as I could, taking in my surroundings. The fast movement made me nauseous, I had to lay back down. But I slowly sat back up, looking at the room. It was pretty bland, metal walls, gray sheets, not much furniture. I slowly got up out of the bed and started making my way to the door. I looked down at my outfit, and realized that it wasn't mine. I hurried even faster to leave. I was wearing normal light beige pants, and a teal shirt, neither of which I recognized in any way. I opened the door and peeked out, there wasn't anyone out there. So I started walking, I had almost made it when I heard it.
The voice of a young boy, "Trunks, your guest is awake finnally." Then another,
"Hey, grandpa. Don't be rude. Ask her if she wants something to eat." I got the courage to turn around, and saw them... they were Saiyans, I knew it. A young boy and a young girl, but I knew not to underestimate them. I had made it my life's mission to study the Saiyan race, I knew the dark hair, and eyes meant Saiyan, even if I couldn't feel the enormous power they held. I didn't say anything, or even move. I knew there had to be another, the man that saved me. I knew he had to be here somewhere, and he wasn't a child. I stood there until another young man came into the room, he too had an enormous power level, but he wasn't a Saiyan. He had short lavender colored hair and blue eyes. I knew he had to be of another race, maybe he just joined up with them. I remember hearing that the Saiyans home world was destroyed, maybe he is just someone from another planet that they decided to keep with them or something. But that still didn't tell me where the man that saved me was. But before I could do anything, the young man started walking towards me.
"Hi, my name is Trunks. What's your's? " He said as he extended his hand towards me, I stood my ground. If he was going to strike me, I would not show fear. He just stood there with his hand extended towards me for a few seconds longer. Then moved it to the back of his neck and started rubbing it.
"Oh," He said. "I guess you don't shake hands on this planet." He continues to rub his neck as he laughs slightly.
I am so perplexed, I don't understand how this young man, who seems carefree and maybe even nice, would be traveling with a couple of killers like the Saiyans. I look back at the two children and my confusion grew, they were both smiling. I started backing up towards the door again.
"Hey, it's alright." The young man says. And I don't know why, but I believe him. I stop moving.
"Great," he says "now, what's your name?" He asks me, and for the same reason as before, which I still don't know, I told him.
"My name is MacKenzie."