Life with simple things...

Simple things are the things that one doesn't necessarily look forward to in life. They may not cause excitement, or an overwhelming joy, but they can, in the rarest of times cause happiness.

Draco and Hermione Malfoy appreciated the simple things in life. Living in a small town in the countryside, it was a very muggle way of living. A simple town, a simple house and a small, simple family.

The wizarding world hadn't taken greatly to their relationship, so they decided to elope. Now living in a small town with a baby on the way. Neither keeping in contact with any of their friends in the wizarding world...

No Harry. No Pansy. No Weasleys.
Choosing to lock their wands away forever and live the average, mundane, way of life.

All was well, until the day that Draco and Hermione, whilst renovating the spare room, stumbled upon something very meaningful to them, something they thought they had lost.

A photo album. Their photo album.

Draco flipped through the pages, through the pages of their youth, Hermione peering over his shoulder. Pictures of stolen moments behind staircases, in the astronomy tower, beside the lake, in nooks and crannies.

Hermione smiled into his shoulder, gazing at pictures in frames of kisses on cheeks. Draco kissed her forehead and placed a hand on her perfect round bump, their perfect round bump.

They spent hours smiling and laughing at pictures, looking back over memories and debating over incidents that had happened.

Draco eventually reached the end of the book, finding four empty spaces. He laid it on his wifes lap and ran to the suiting room, grabbing three photos and his muggle camera before racing back to his unborn child's room.

Hermione watched as he filled the empty spaces. The first slot was filled by an engagement picture, the second filled by a wedding photo and third filled with a baby sonogram, leaving the last slot free. She stared puzzled at the empty slot.

"Darling what's that for?" She asked while leaning in for a kiss.

Draco smirked kissing her back.  "That's for the most unsimplistic thing in our lives."

And right he was. When their daughter was moving out, nineteen years later, the album was rediscovered. Draco added the final picture, a baby picture.

Once the album was completed, it sat on their mantle piece for the remainder of their normal lives. Becoming just another one of the simple things in life.