Ten

(A/n: this is the last chapter. Rip my CLIAM heart. And my baby boy at the top I'm :'))

Stiles burst in the next morning, pausing when he saw the two children sleeping soundly, limbs tangled together. He saw Scott and Allison in them; they were so young, so innocent. They were dragged into a life they didn't want, with no way to get out.

He almost felt sorry to wake them up. He would rather have kept them safe and sound, out of danger, but he had no choice- Scott needed help.

As the older boy gently shook the freshmen awake, Clarke let out a soft noise that was a mix of a yawn and a sigh. Liam held onto her tightly and slowly opened his eyes.

"Go wait in the car. I'll get her up." He whispered, and the human complied, hearing Liam's quiet voice coaxing her out of sleep. The blonde sleepily smiled at him, sitting up. He was already out of bed and he dug through his drawers, pulling out a shirt and a pair of jeans. He threw her a sweatshirt, the fabric landing over her face; she didn't move, and she let the bundle of cloth sit on her head. He rolled her eyes at her before sitting next to her and taking the sweatshirt off of her head. She frowned at him playfully as he helped her pull the sleeves over her arms and push her head through the opening.

"There. Good to go." He said, kissing her forehead . When he pulled away, she drew him back and pressed her mouth to his. He made a sound of surprise but kissed her back nonetheless. She smiled against his lips, winding her arms around his neck. She felt his mouth stop moving and she pulled back, eyebrows drawn together. 

"What's wrong?" Clarke asked. "Nothing, just worried about Scott." He answered, getting off the bed and helping her up, too.

-

"Are we really bringing them?" Peter Hale asked with disgust when he spotted the freshmen. Stiles retaliated, turning to Derek. "Are we really bringing him?" He spat, malice in his voice. Meanwhile, Clarke and Liam stood quietly behind the human.

The group, minus Peter, who rode with Malia, piled into the prison transport van that was somehow acquired by Derek's (girl)friend, Braeden. The blonde sat next to Liam, who was very, very angry due to the full moon, during the long ride to Mexico. Stiles and the used-to-be alpha attempted to calm him down using sayings and whatever while she just tried to block out the things the beta was saying.

Only when she heard, "this isn't working," for a second time did she step in. She shoved Derek aside and sat across from Liam, keeping her expression neutral.

Stiles was shouting in the background. "Find your anchor, Liam! It can be anger, sadness, love, whatever you can latch on to." She noticed him put extra emphasis on the word love

"Listen to my heartbeat. Do you hear it? It's steady, right? I'm here. I'm not going to leave. We're going to get through this. You're gonna get control. Do you know how I know? We're going to be okay because I love you and you love me and that's just what we do. We're just gonna be okay." Clarke whispered fiercely, steady and sure. Liam seemed too pause, as if really focusing on the regular drumming of her heart.

"I love you," She repeated, and it was enough to make him shift back. He immediately enveloped her in a hug, pushing his face into her hair in the crook of her neck.

"Do you think you can keep this level of control inside the church?" Derek asked; in response, Liam flicked his claws out at will. Sourwolf threw open the van's back doors, only to be yanked out by a Beserker. Stiles let out a girlish squeal, but it was too late.

The two remaining supernaturals shifted, joining the fight that was happening inside Tezcatlipoca.