The Worst

The group arrived at a small farmers market. Not that many people were there, which Kevin was told was a good thing. The Sun was shining down on the small corner. All of the fresh picked foods seemed to shine, thanks to the sunlight. Kevin didn't know how this could be that important to everyone. It's not like they even had enough money to buy anything here, well anything valuable.

"Come here Kevin!" Wade yelled. He waved Kevin over.

"What is it?" Kevin asked. He wandered over to Wade who was on the other side of the market.

Wade leaned over cautiously into Kevin's ear to make sure no one around them could hear.

"Me and the gang are gonna show ya' how we do. Cool?" Wade whispered. Kevin nodded, excited to find out exactly how this kind of thing goes on. The group of Wade, Devon, Christine and Annabelle huddled into a small circle as comments were passed around.

"Annabelle, are we gonna have any problems?" Christine asked the little girl.

"The supers won't come until everyone pulls out their phones. Only three will show up, I don't know which ones though, that part is still unclear..." Annabelle murmured.

"Alright! Devon, you feel up for your part?" Wade asked happily.

"Ready as I'll ever be..." Devon answered. The group disbanded and assumed positions. Annabelle went to stand by Kevin as she tugged on his pant leg. He looked down as she looked back up at him.

"May I hold your your hand?" She asked. Kevin smiled and grabbed her small hand. Not showing that he was scared...

Wade stood out on a corner pretending to have a smoke. Christine stood across the way from Kevin and Annabelle. When she noticed Kevin staring, she winked at him. A small blush over took Kevin's face. Devon was then pretending to be interested in some small mans little produce section.

Kevin tightened his grip and Annabelle's hand. He was preparing for the worst. And the worst was about to come...