Chapter 4: Falling

I ran so far, I became numb to the pain of my body. My heart raced so fast it's beat could be heard a mile away. I eventually came to a stop on a tree stump. That of which I stumbled on, therefore causing me to stop. Instantly all the pains that I had become numb to, came back. I could hear footsteps and panting behind me. "Jaxon" I thought to myself and forced myself to run again. Nothing would bring me to face him, even fate, as long as I could stop it. Seconds after getting up, my leg started to wobble. The next thing I knew I was lying on the ground on my back. I took a glance at my knee, which I discovered was bleeding. I couldn't see the rest, beneath the blood. Slowly, I rolled to my side and let out an ear-splitting scream of pain. Soon I would figure out that my leg was fractured from the fall, and bleeding because I landed on a broken beer bottle. Just my luck. The footsteps came closer and closer and stopped at the sight of wounded 'ol me. Jaxon's face soon came into view, staring worriedly at my wounded leg and my pained face. Once again he picked me up. This time I had the strength to speak. "Jaxon...?" I muttered.
"Branwen, you're going to be OK," he said in a panicked voice. He ran to his car, parked around the curb. Incase I never mentioned this before, Jax's car is a lime green sports car with a foldable hood. He set me down in the grass for a quick moment while laying out a towel across the passenger seat. Then picked me back up and laid me in it. All I heard was the roughness of the engine starting before everything went black.
***********************************
The same nurse hovered over me with a concerned look on her face. I looked at the spot where Jaxon had sat last time. Empty. It was empty. This time I didn't dare sit up. Carefully, I took a glance at my leg. All I saw was a lime green cast with one name written in black ink. Jaxon Callawagh ♡. Adorable but I was still mad. A fairly large mountain of flowers stood on my bedside table. I'm starting to think Jaxon is REALLY sorry. Footsteps sounded and Jaxon walked in. The only thing I could manage to do is look down and away from his face. If this is what wonders life has in store, kill me now.