Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Thanks to a couple of people I passed by on my walk, I figured out where Stefan lived. They all said that he would probity live in the Salvatore Boarding House just near Wickery Bridge. I followed their directions and it took me to this huge, brown house.

I walked up to the door and saw this rope hanging beside the main door.

'Weird looking door bell' I thought.

I grabbed the rope and pulled it. When I pulled it, a jingle came from the rope. I then grabbed the handle that was on the door and knocked on it three times.

When I knocked the third time, the door opened. I popped my head threw the door.

"Stefan!" I called out.

I then walked threw the door and walked down the hall.

"Stefan!" I called out again.

I looked around the house. This wasn't an ordinary house. It looked so old inside with all the old paintings and lanterns.

Then the door behind me creaked open. I stopped and looked around I then took a step towards the door.

"Hello?" I said quietly.

I then walked towards the door some more until a big crow flew threw the door and made my heart jump. I turned around quickly but I was then stopped when I found myself standing in front of something…or someone.

It was a man maybe in his twenties.

He had these gorgeous blue eyes and dark brown hair that only went below his earlobes. He was pale but had a great looking body. He was wearing a black shirt with black pants and these back boots. I looked at him in his eyes while he tilted his head studying me. Probity wondering who the hell I was.

"I'm sorry," I started saying.

"For just walking in like this. The door was open and this"

I then thought of the crow. I looked around at the door but it was closed.

'Weird' I thought. I then looked back at the man.

"Or not" I said.

"You must be Alex" he said.

"Uh…how do you know my name?"

"I'm Damon, Stefan's brother"

I then gave him a weird look.

"St-Stefan's brother? He told me he didn't have one"

"Well, Stefan's not the one to brag. Please, come. I'm sure Stefan will be along any second" He said as he took me to the next room.

I walked down the steps and looked all around the room.

"Wow, this is your room it reminds me so much of my…"

I then stopped. I was about to say it reminded me of the layer back home but that would be pretty stupid considering that I just met the guy.

"A…never mind I just love the…style you guys have going on here. So, this is your living room?"

"Living room, parlor, Sotheby's auction. It's a little kitschy for my taste. I see why my brother's so smitten,"

I then gave him a funny look.

"For a while there, I never thought he'd get over the last one. Nearly destroyed him"

"The…the last one?"